How long was it before you got calls from promotional flyers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,
You can tell me if im hoping for too much or ive far to go yet,but i just wanted to know from you guys as to how many flyers you gave out when you started advertising and when and how much response you got back.I posted 200 yesterday in a very nice area,i keep looking at me phone and checking me emails but no enquires.How many more will i need to give out?This is my first go at advertising ,i did also put up adds in a post office & shops,but im aiming at the flyers first,but if im just gonna wear me trainers out for nothing i ll advertise other ways.

There have been quite a lot of threads about this type of advertising and I believe a good response rate to leaflet drops is around 1-2%

Don't be too disheartened though as a lot of people will keep hold of your leaflet for the future, they may just not want anything right now. You may find come Christmas time that you will get more enquiries. It would be useful for you when you do get more enquiries to ask your potential clients how they heard about you.

Good luck.

It really depends on your area & your leaflet - so many people have different opinions on this and it really is just trying it out & crossing your fingers i'm afraid!

I did 3000 leaflets in total with 3 replies!

I'm going into beauty, so when my new leaflets are done, I WILL still do the drops again - because you never know!

Yell free ad & my website work for me fine! x

well hun, i know how you feel, me and my kids have posted 1600 leaflets over last 5 days, and will be doing about another 1000 over the weekend etc, and so far ive had one enquiry, (and two texts of people i know saying theyll use me in future) but i expected this, as ive heard that sometimes its only 1 enquiry from 500 leaflets, so hopefully ill hear some more the next few days, ive also put some cards up in shops, and took out line on yell.com etc

fingers crossed hun that your phone starts ringing soon

I changed my flyers to a Price list (if ppl dont know how much it costs they dont know if they can afford it or not) and a free gift with a voucher at the bottom if they book a full set, that voucher has an expiry date on it for 2 weeks after I deliver it... BAM bookings just like that.

Hi,
I usually do about 150-200 leaflets at a time and get about 2 or 3 clients from it. I also find that I don't usually get any phone calls straight away they wait a few weeks and then they start. People seem to hang on to them for a bit first. Good luck.:)

I didnt have any response to my flyers when i delivered them but i have had a lot of bookings through yell.com register on there for free hun. I found that all the advertising that i paid for i never had a response but the freebies i have:confused:
hth
Jen xx

I changed my flyers to a Price list (if ppl dont know how much it costs they dont know if they can afford it or not) and a free gift with a voucher at the bottom if they book a full set, that voucher has an expiry date on it for 2 weeks after I deliver it... BAM bookings just like that.

what a great idea hun, do you think it would work for manis/pedis too, maybe bottle of cuticle oil or something free? i might try it instead of plain flyers next time xxxx

I delivered about a 1000, and got a response almost immediately, but more so between 1-3weeks afterwards. I did a 20% off offer and i've probably had about 20-30 clients with the voucher...which is quite good :D i only expected about 1% return... so 2% is a bonus :p!

also, a little tip is try not to deliver on the days when free papers/ junk mail go out, as people just assume its with that and chuck it! I think it made a small difference to me :D good luck! x

what a great idea hun, do you think it would work for manis/pedis too, maybe bottle of cuticle oil or something free? i might try it instead of plain flyers next time xxxx

Yep thats what I give away, a large bottle of my organic nail conditioner.. I make sure that in fine print it has the value of the bottle at $25 (Retail of course they cost me no where near that)

I think for mani pedis Sally Girl (Up there^) has a good idea.. u could offer a discount.. but do make it "Limited time only Expires xx/xx/xxxx" that way they have to think and act on it.. rather than pop it in a draw... think about it... then probably forget about it!

My last lot of flyers I also bundled off with my mums law firm ones.. so perhaps that made a difference lol

they do say that you only get 1 reply in 100 mailshots :cry: maybe try rhe local paper that susually cheap xxx

I got responses from anything that day to 3 months later. I did a thread a while back and we all reckoned that if you deliver on a Sunday you get a better response as people are more laid back then and so likely to read it, and it doesn't get muddled with the usual post. Also make sure your leaflets look professional .... and retarget the same area every month.

I must say i have been very lucky with my leaflet drops as I have always been called while I am still walking round!!
I always find doing leaflets worthwhile!!
HTH

is it possible to see your leaflet ?

I had a client last night from a leaflet drop I did in February!!! - She liked the look of it and kept it until she wanted a treatment. I got an ok response from my leaflet drops - I only delivered about 300 - got at least 5 clients from them. Love the idea of special offer or free gift for limited period only - definitely going to try that one. Good luck.

Siana

I found about 1% take up rate. . .

but having said that, from one lady who initially replied to my leaflet 3.5 years ago, I still do her, a lady she works with, that lady's two daughters and her mother, a disabled friend of one of them, one of her daughters friends and now the daughters friends mother, and so that's not bad going although it's indirect.

Sometime people keep the leaflets for months and call you before they're giong somewhere special.

Hi,

I regulary do leaflet drops and get a huge response. In May I paid for 5000 leaflets - one side I had offers E.g Buy a Jessica Perfect Trio Manicure and get Spa Pedicure free (this is a 1/2 hr basic pedicure) £22.00 - Usually £37 saving £15.
20min Mini dermalogica facial £9 - usually £15 saving £6 etc
I find putting the saving and normal price an advantage.
The other side of the leaflet I have a list of all other treatments I do and the price they start at. I also offer 10% off any treatments with this flyer.

So far I have only delivered 2500 leaflets in staggared stages. I have recieved over 30 clients from these that I know of. I have got a few good regulars that have spent £250 plus. I find it best to deliver to new estates and always get the most clients from there - plus its easy no gates to open!!

Good luck :lol:

Ok thanks all i did have a text this morning but she wanted acrylic nails doing,but i dont do acrylic now,i have changed my leaflets slightly,im doing a 15% discount,and £10 off their next treatment if they introduce a friend,i will probably be putting prices on the back too,i like the idea of delivering to the new estates,theres quite a few in the area,the first lot of flyers i delivered were in a area with big houses,i will def. have a go at targetting the new estates.

New estates def work best. You tend to find they have just moved to the area and need a beauty therapist. From 1 new estate with 250 houses I got 15 clients so well worth it. There quick to deliver too as well!

Good Luck

I just did a small leaflet drop on Saturday. I printed up 140 leaflets but I didn't get them all delivered (I'm sick so didn't walk very far). I wasn't expecting to hear much from them, but so far one booking for this Wednesday (my first clients - I'm so excited). The deal was two spa pedicures for the price of one so they can bring a friend for free. This way I get to (hopefully) impress two new clients instead of just one.

I delivered these in the streets close to my salon, it's an older area, but this means people aren't spending so much on rent & house repayments etc, so more money to spend on beauty treatments!

Latest posts

Back