How long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon Green

Reaction score
Hi all,

Happy New Year

I was just wondering how long after doing (and hopefully passing) my FDFC will I be able to start work on paying clients? My model for the FDFC is a friend so I will be using her for extra practise. Also, would £20 a set be a good starting price?...take into account that I live in a rural market town.

Sharon
Only 40 days till FDFC :D

I would say that it depends how good you get :)
In my opinion, I would start off by doing just family and friends nails, If you get good results and feedback, Then go onto the general public but remember that they will be expecting very good nails, Dont go to cheaply or they may think that you are not well qualified :D
You will know when you are ready, But as the saying goes dont try to run before you can walk.
Lesleyx

Hiya,

Thanks for that. I am lining up lots of ladies to practise on, should I charge them a small fee to help with the cost of products? This is assuming I am going to pass :? .

Sharon

Hi, Yes i would charge a fee to cover your time and products used.
I started off charging £15, But then made sure every one know that this was just a special intro rate :D

Hi Sharon

Definitely make sure you initially charge. £10-15 is a good price to start at depending on your area. Also decide on how long you are going to keep these prices, ie. 3 months or the first 20 clients. Don't get caught in the trap of not charging or charging too little.

I think you will find there are a few teks on this board who decided they were not good enough to charge in the early stages.........unfortunately, as they progressed and became more competent, they then found it hard to introduce prices. Be warned!

Good luck
Adele

Hi

Thanks ladies. I know that there are several ladies I presently work with who think that they will be getting a free set if I practise on them. I will have to put them straight on that one!

Should I print a poster for the Call Centre kitchen advertising for models required for recently qualified (hopefully!!) Creative tech and that there will be a charge to cover products? How would you word it?

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back