How many actually use Radical on a regular basis?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your experience with Retention +, Radical or Moxie????

• Retention + (Love it)

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Retention + (Don't get on with it)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Radical (Love it)

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Radical (Don't get on with it)

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Moxie (Love it)

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Moxie (Don't get on with it)

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
After the recent problems with stock, like many I've not been able to get hold of my usual Retention +.

So it was a case of get what I can to keep me going.

MOXIE:
I got hold of some Moxie which I did quite enjoy using, although, it took a bit of time to get used to the speed of it.
I found that the clarity of the colours not to be as good after about a week.
However for competition work, it's great. Just not for my clients.

RADICAL:
I also got hold of some Radical, which I'd never used before, just to keep me going.
Nice to work with, no different to Retention + really.
So far I've used it on myself, and 3 other clients. ALL of which (apart from me) have had extremely bad lifting problems, to the point of a new set. I'm aware that Radical is better used with a primer , which is what I did on all occasions. But still, I've not had any good feedback so far.
Now is it the fact that, 3 out of 3 clients are all lift prone?
Or could we safely say that Radical liquid doesn't touch the Retention +?
I guess you're not going to find out who your real lift prone clients are until you use the Radical, or am I wrong?

RETENTION +:
I've come to the conclusion that for client use, I can't live with out it.

So I'm very interested to find out how every one else rates the RADICAL liquid?

Have you tried it?

If not why not?

Does any one swear by it?

I've only used Retention+ and Moxie, and day to day I use Retention...... I bought some Radical when I was setting up my kit but never used it!

Sorry I can't be more help......

I adore Radical liquid. I used it for many years before Retention+ came out and never had many lifting problems with it even without primer.

Of course when Retention+ came out, I had to try it and loved it equally.

However a few years ago I used Radical again, just out of interest and I realised how much I used to love it - it's flexibility is amazing - that's what lends to its toughness.

For me with short nail plates and wanting to wearer longer nails it's unbeatable. So for the dog walking, mud wrestling, rock climbing clients out there that insist on a few breakages (and not lifting), use Radical - it's amazing.

For me with short nail plates and wanting to wearer longer nails it's unbeatable. So for the dog walking, mud wrestling, rock climbing clients out there that insist on a few breakages (and not lifting), use Radical - it's amazing.

Ah! Now then!
You saying this about your short nail plates, (of which I own a set myself) answers a question for me. As I personally haven't had the problem with it to the extent of my clients who have used it, (who happen to have long nail plates,)

Mmmmm interesting!

By the way I've noticed there are a couple of Moxie lovers out there , I would love to hear what your opinions are on it. x

Love Radical.. use it on my self mainly... just because I have a smaller bottle of it and I Know i break Ret+ nails (clients all on Ret+), Radical really does make a harder nail, I do notice the difference when filing them also.

ooooh, now this is really interesting. I have only ever used retention, I love it and have never felt the need to try the others, but reading this about radical being good for clients with shorter nail beds and wanting longer enhancements......I think Im gonna try some and see what I think..:green:

ooooh, now this is really interesting. I have only ever used retention, I love it and have never felt the need to try the others, but reading this about radical being good for clients with shorter nail beds and wanting longer enhancements......I think Im gonna try some and see what I think..:green:
You took the words right outta my mouth !!! lol:hug:

I've just tried Radical for the first time and I love it. Tested it on my daughter who is real heavy handed. They last 2 weeks before I took them off. Nails have never lasted 2 weeks on her.

I have always used radical. It came with my starter kit and I was told that as I didn't get much lifting, there was no advantage to my using retention. I had a little play with a friend's retention recently and didn't notice any difference at all in the application or it's staying power, but a few nails were hardly a fair test. I might get some and play 'Spot the difference.' :)

Love Radical.. use it on my self mainly... just because I have a smaller bottle of it and I Know i break Ret+ nails (clients all on Ret+), Radical really does make a harder nail, I do notice the difference when filing them also.

Actually Radical does not make harder enhanements, it makes TOUGHER enhancements meaning they retain flexibility but are not prone to breakage. Sort of like, a rubber hose is tough and flexible and will not break, where a thick piece of glass is hard but not flexible and so is easier to break.
Radical liquid monomer makes tough nail enhancements and when yousoak them off, there is no damage in zone 2 to the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back