How many businesses are closing due to Coronavirus?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riva

Reaction score
We haven't been told to do this - yet - but people are working from home, not going out etc - our bookings have dropped drastically. Lots of redundancies in all sectors and many businesses on the brink of closing down. This is London. Streets feel quite empty.

What is it like for others?

Pretty bad. Had lots of cancellations which is to be expected. Not sure how things will pan out. Awful situation

I’m down South, no cancellations yet but I’m sure it will come. I’m in a home salon but i really feel for Salons with all the outgoings at this time, such tough times

I’ve a homebody salon and have decided to close on Friday.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have decided to close business (home salon) until further notice, such a shame but it's really not worth the risk

Our salon is based at my home address and we decided to close yesterday as we fall into the vulnerable category due to health conditions.

Its such a difficult time and its obviously a struggle for all of us but I find hardest that we dont know how long it will be and what happens afterwards. No one can tell how its going to go from here but it makes it hard to plan ahead and I can see that some therapists are at the verge of closing completely as they dont feel they can start again which is so sad :(

I'm a mobile therapist, I've not said that I am or am not working... But I've turned off my online bookings
All my over 60s have cancelled, a few bookings coming in for people who are determined to support me and carry on, I'm still working with people who have no symptoms and aren't vulnerable as long as I have no symptoms... But I'm not feeling good about it... Going against social distancing and non essential meetings which is the governments advice feels wrong... Its such a difficult situation when people want to support you...

Think I'll do the last of my clients next week and then that's it. It pains me to know somewhere will be open and the chances are they'll go there and there go my clients.

Think I'll do the last of my clients next week and then that's it. It pains me to know somewhere will be open and the chances are they'll go there and there go my clients.

That’s what I was thinking. But there’s a rumour we’ll be on lockdown from tomorrow. Will you still do them if so? [emoji51]

They've quashed the roumers about London going into lockdown but I'm up north so not sure what's happening. If they do call it then it will just be my regulars who I dont under a strict regime and then call it quits. The ladies I've been doing for 8+years

They've quashed the roumers about London going into lockdown but I'm up north so not sure what's happening. If they do call it then it will just be my regulars who I dont under a strict regime and then call it quits. The ladies I've been doing for 8+years

It’s tricky isn’t it. That would be most of mine. I’m down south. Strange times. Stay well everybody

I’m closed. 11 days isolation so far. It was the right decision. The government was being slow to avoid panic so I decided I needed to protect myself and clients by not catching it from them or infecting them. Can’t work if clients are dead! They are excited to come back when it’s over, they will need me as much as I need them. They will need massages for all the stress they’ve been through, haircuts as we will all be woolly mammoths by then hair removal as we will give up bothering soon as not going out and pretty things to make them feel better and we will be there to provide it.

I closed my home salon yesterday. Clients had started to cancel and were asking what I was doing, almost looking for guidance about what sort of contact was and wasn't ok. If going to a restaurant is strongly advised against then having any treatment is as risky if not more so. It felt wrong to keep on going knowing I would be putting myself and my clients at risk. Plus I work from my parents home who are over 70 so by continuing I would also put them at risk. This is a very sad situation on many levels.

We are all in the same boat and without business we dont have an income BUT wouldnt it be better to stop now and try and reduce the spread so that we can go ahead full steam in a few weeks time rather than letting it drag on with reduced income (as everyone cancels) and then we have a much longer period once we are all forced to shut down :(

I wish the government would enforce a lockdown as we probably shouldn’t be working - but feel unable to make the decision to close when clients are still happy to come in.
I will probably call it a day after tomorrow, as I feel being ‘symptomless’ means nothing - who knows who is carrying what!

The issue with Coronavirus is that it can be asymptomatic, so clients coming in could have the virus and not even know but then pass it on to someone more vulnerable -it's a risk to everyone

I’m down South, no cancellations yet but I’m sure it will come. I’m in a home salon but i really feel for Salons with all the outgoings at this time, such tough times
I'm also a home salon so at the min I'm open but restricting how many I do and making sure that there are no lap overs so I can clean between clients.

I wish the government would enforce a lockdown as we probably shouldn’t be working - but feel unable to make the decision to close when clients are still happy to come in.
I will probably call it a day after tomorrow, as I feel being ‘symptomless’ means nothing - who knows who is carrying what!

I put it to my MP about our safety and they informed the health and social care areas. It was announced today that spas should be closed and it is enforceable as continuing is contributing to the problem. Personally I would have said all spas and salons but they are probably being vague intentionally so they are less responsible. But the new plans for today included lots of monetary help for self employed so that’s great news.

I’ve closed today. And feel much happier for it
a4f5971c425b0e27bb4209bb44468076.jpg
a72e821f93d2b2261ee17a61a7eab233.jpg

Latest posts

Back