How many clients do you have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah0722

Reaction score
I'm in school to be a nail tech and am trying to set out a plan and some goals for myself. I know that I'm going to be working in a salon and be the only nail tech there, so building up clientele will be big thing for me to focus on. Roughly how many clients do you currently have and how long have you been doing nails? And if you can remember, about how many did you gain within your first year?

Hiya , That's rather a pointless question ( I don't mean that in a nasty way ) and there are too many varying factors to take into account .

Its good to have a plan . You need to work out how long each treatment takes you , what services you are planning on offering , what hours you wish to work and then you can work out how many clients you can fit in on any one day . Depending on the treatments you offer clients could be returning every 2 or 3 weeks . So for example if you can fit in 20 clients in a week then you need around 60 for a full book

If I said to you I have 70 clients that means absolutely nothing and that information is of no use to you at all lol

How long it will take to built up again will depend on so many factors such as the amount of advertising you do , where the salon is situated , how much competition there would be local to you etx

I would say do not expect it to happen overnight and it can take a year or more to start to built a good solid regular client base
Good luck

If you would be happy with 5 bookings a day and working 20 days a month, you only need 100 clients returning monthly to be fully booked.

Focus on client retention and word of mouth referrals. it's all about service and how your client feels. It's not really about an amazing technical skill - because your client will take that for granted.

Discuss your clients needs, ask how long her polish usually lasts without chipping, discuss aftercare, talk about her next treatment, get her booked back in. When she returns ask her if she noticed an improvement in the things that concern her - did the polish wear well, did she enjoy her colour choice, check the condition of her skin - better? issues?

Make notes so that you can develop a relationship with your clients. If she's going to an event, ask her next time how it went. Look after her and her nail needs.

Regarding your question, look at the percentage of your rostered hours that you are booked for treatments. You want to aim for 80%.

I started part-time and added another day once I was 50% booked. I started 2 days a week. In my second month I added a third day. I was full time in 6 months.

Latest posts

Back