How many clients in a day/week to make your business viable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
How many clients do you have to make your business profitable?

On a normal day?

On a quiet day?

On a busy day?

And on average over the week?

I cant count clients as i do lots of different treatments but i have to take at least £200 per week just to cover the over heads of the salon, i haven't started to take a wage yet as i am just building up my clients list at the mo hth

This all depends on what my fixed and variable costs are and what my pricing strategy is (yep, there's more than one) and this relates to where I'm working from, which country I'm in (which determines my tax and legal liabilities), what my customer base is like and, overall, what everything costs.

All of these considerations go into a marketing strategy in my business plan which fires, protects and directs the business. Pricing is a very small aspect of that business plan. You shouldn't open a business without one.

Might I recommend you this link which covers everything.

Business support, information and advice | Business Link

As i work from home my overheads are very low, so i don't really have to do many clients to be making a profit.

im mobile and also do a few clients from home, i have only just started really and do about 8-10 clients a weeks but hopeing to do alot more as i have been giving leaflets out to everyone, i dont have much overheads so what i earn i can spend on new products!!!
tracy x

3 x 1 hour clients per week plus £3.

Don't forget to add the 6 weeks annual leave that you take. I've calculated that it costs me £8 per week to cover the holls.

How many clients do you have to make your business profitable?

On a normal day? 5-6 from rebalances, fullsets, manics and pedics!

On a quiet day? 3 clients - rebalances and manicures / pedicures

On a busy day? 7 clients ranging from mainly rebalances to some full-sets

And on average over the week?

In red is the norm from personal experience. 7/8 clients in a day is going some but over the Xmas period it can be more! Rebalancing is your bread and butter; you want those full-sets coming back on a full time basis.:!:

I have to take £1000 per month to cover rent, ins, credit card machine, loan cost to set up the business and the leasing of my spray tan machine, phone bill etc. On top of this I then have to budget for stock replacement which can vary depending on how much I have used/sold. Only been open 3 weeks, doubt I will be drawing a wage until mid next yr!!!

I have to take £1000 per month to cover rent, ins, credit card machine, loan cost to set up the business and the leasing of my spray tan machine, phone bill etc. On top of this I then have to budget for stock replacement which can vary depending on how much I have used/sold. Only been open 3 weeks, doubt I will be drawing a wage until mid next yr!!!

Our old salon could pull in £3k per week and just one of those teks could be responsible for £1.5 IF she did nails and RETAILED products. Be smart and NEVER FORGET the power of retail. So many teks close their clients wallets before they have even even had an opportunity to open them!

Never assume what your cleints can and can't afford... if Tiffany's did that they'd be in real trouble. You have to spend a little more but isn't hand holding for over an hour the PERFECT scenario for talking about what you love... making your client interested in what you are doing and using and then wanting to buy?? try it and see - some products just fly out the door with no effort!!! HTH's :idea:

Our old salon could pull in £3k per week and just one of those teks could be responsible for £1.5 IF she did nails and RETAILED products. Be smart and NEVER FORGET the power of retail. So many teks close their clients wallets before they have even even had an opportunity to open them!

Never assume what your cleints can and can't afford... if Tiffany's did that they'd be in real trouble. You have to spend a little more but isn't hand holding for over an hour the PERFECT scenario for talking about what you love... making your client interested in what you are doing and using and then wanting to buy?? try it and see - some products just fly out the door with no effort!!! HTH's :idea:

I know you are so right, I so wish I could be better at retailing, this has to be my target for 2008. Strange thing is I work at Next Directory part time and the creative solar oil and mini scensations just sell themselves as most of my team have them on their desks. Ohh what a nice smelling team we are:)

I know you are so right, I so wish I could be better at retailing, this has to be my target for 2008. Strange thing is I work at Next Directory part time and the creative solar oil and mini scensations just sell themselves as most of my team have them on their desks. Ohh what a nice smelling team we are:)

Hey Pippa, nice to know the ND Team are fans!! I persoanlly think that so many of us have a problem with selling becasue we think 'i must sell this, that or the other'. STOP thinking like that immediately and TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU LOVE... that is truly what sells. Your passion for what you love; if your clients believe in you, they will believe in what you think... that's a sale!!:hug:

Okey Dokey, on a positive note, Il do my best that a promise. xx:hug:

Once the overheads are done.....I have to do £40 a day before I make a cent, the world is your oyster.....still looking for my oyster lol! You can't make a salon work on your own you need decent staff behind you and that's really hard to find.

this was a really interesting thread!! i WAS thining about starting my own business before i read the thread, it just showed me how many things i HADNT taken in2 concideration, so im back off 2 the drawing board! thanks geeks xx

Latest posts

Back