how many clients in one day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hello all

I have been a nail tech for about a year, working in gel . In the beginning I took any appointments that my clients wanted working around there needs.

I have more experience at my system and getting a little bit faster. still not as fast as I want to be, but that will come.

I am thinking of only working Fridays and Saturdays, as at the mo I don't know where I am coming or going with the appointments.

Just wanted to know how many clients do you get in one day say from 9.00-6.00?

when i was soley doing nails all day, i would have an hour and a quater per client, i wasnt happy with this at all as i had no time 4 client care and had 2 rush my way through each set and as you probably well know some clients are far more difficult than others and simply need more time spent on them 2 achieve nice results. i think if i was doing it for myself or had others doing it for me i would allow an hour and a half/ three quaters per client... but then... i guess it all depends on which system u are using!! xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what they want. I allow:

45-1 hr for rebalance (unless known to suffer lifting probs, 1 or 2 do)
1hr15 - 1.5 hr for French Rebalance
1.5 - 2hr for a new set depending on what it is.

I have built in a 5-10 min loo/tea break into these times as well. So if I am really pushed, these are the timings I use, ie Christmas week.

However my preference is for a more relaxed pace lol! I work at home so my time is flexible.

At one point, I think it was around the holidays, I was doing 8 clients from 9am to almost 7pm! An hour and 15 minutes per client. Nice money, if you don't want to pee or eat!
Don't know if I'd do it again!
I'm older now, and smarter too! I decide my own schedule!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

10-15 clients per day 7 days most weeks (Scary stuff).(When my children were still living with me)

I now average 10 per day.

I have shortened my schedule to 5 days a week.
I now take a 30 minute time out, most days.

My dream work week would be 3 weeks on 1 week off.

I just have to schedule it, Im my own boss, but Im a workaholic.
Help me Kathleen!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all

I have been a nail tech for about a year, working in gel . In the beginning I took any appointments that my clients wanted working around there needs.

I have more experience at my system and getting a little bit faster. still not as fast as I want to be, but that will come.

I am thinking of only working Fridays and Saturdays, as at the mo I don't know where I am coming or going with the appointments.

Just wanted to know how many clients do you get in one day say from 9.00-6.00?

I work school hours during the week 9.15am to 3.15pm and then start again at 5.00 or 5.30pm depending whats required. When I first started out, I use to allow the client to dictate, now I offer the appointment that suits.

Between 9 and 3.15 I will do either 3 or 4 appointments. I don't like my client to feel rushed and they all like to talk:lol:. It also allows me abit of time inbetween.

I would consider offering more than just Fri and Sat.

I work part time from home and now I always allow 1 3/4 hours per nail client, so if it is a no problem rebalance I have a little bit of free time for loo, tea break etc and if they haven't been for say 3 weeks there are more problems to sort.

This works out well for me so I've just stuck to it now, and no rushing about killing myself working either.

But if I worked full time just set out your diary for say, 9 am then 10:45, etc and that is when you take appointments.

I usually book them at 1hr45min or 2hr intervals.
Simply BECAUSE of the nail art, and that adds time to the service. I might have about 3 clients who want nothing on their nails? The rest want something, ALL the time.
I can't wait to master this popit thing....it will make my life so much easier.

hth's

Lucia,
I'll fly right out to give you a hand!
...is there a Michaels Crafts by you so I can still teach my drawing and painting?
kathleen
My Nails Rock!

I'll fly right out to give you a hand!
...is there a Michaels Crafts by you so I can still teach my drawing and painting?
kathleen
There is close to the Hesperia salon.
Yippie, Hey, I have a few spare rooms, all yours for the taking.
Happy New year Lovey.

Latest posts

Back