How many clients per day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel1981

Reaction score
How many clients do you see per day?

I do massage, Reiki and facials and just wondering your clean up time between clients? And when you book your next one's in.

Do you work back to back?

minimum 15 mins between clients. One hour for lunch.

I like no more than 4 per day because the energy you expend physically and emotionally can be quite draining.
Massage is tiring, Reiki is less so but can still drain your concentration if you are not having enough rest time in between. Facials require more products and I like to get organised before the client arrives. All these things take a lot of time and preparation in setting up.
Cleaning? I like about half an hour to really get things tidy and look presentable for the next client. Comfort break too don't forget is factored in.
When I was in my 30's I worked back to back , hardly anytime between but I was very fast at setting up, had loads of energy plus I never had a lunch break!
Roll on 29 years and add covid and it's quite a different scene for me now. Much better!

I have a home salon so my door is locked and I don’t have a waiting area. I also feel strongly that my clients shouldn’t ever feel rushed so I leave 30 mins between bookings which gives me time to do a thorough consultation, give clients time to get dressed, for us to have a little chat after, make further bookings/retail products and of course gives me time to clean and set up. I do also get some clients turning up early so think I’d really struggle to reduce the time - although I do sometimes have to ask clients to wait in their car when I still have the previous client in.

I only do facials/peels/massage/waxing now so all require quite a bit of tidying/set up in between but when I did nails and worked in high street salons/spas we often used to work back to back. This was ok for nails as not much to sort out but was a nightmare for other treatments. You constantly felt under pressure and always ran late as you couldn’t possibly do consultation, get client on and off the bed, out and paid/rebooked whilst giving the client the full treatment time! Some salons I’ve worked in we used to leave 15 mins between massage/facial bookings which was a big help.

I don’t have a limit on number of clients a day except for massage - I wouldn’t do more than 4 hours in a day.

I would definitely aim to give a higher quality service by not rushing clients and set your prices so you can afford to do this.

I work front desk at a massage clinic and most of the RMT's only take about 5 (1 hour) massages a day. There are some who will go longer in a day but give them selfs an hour lunch in between (like 4 before lunch and 3 after lunch), the ones who do the longer days only do that one or two days a week (like only on Tuesday and Thursdays but they work Monday to Friday). I would listen to your body the most cause it is very easy to burn out with physical jobs, and then your already booked like a month in advance but you wanna tap out about 2 weeks in if you over book yourself.

Hey, I also do massages, facials and reiki. I take 30 minutes between clients to properly get the room cleaned and set up for my next client. It also means I’m not stressed for my next client and at least I get a bit of a break in between treatments,

I worked in a spa were it was literally back to back, we had 15 minutes in between like but we were always running late! I find that quite draining and I need my break!

Also the maximum amount of clients (depending on how long the treatments are) would be 6 clients :)

Latest posts

Back