How many coats do you do with Suntana solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmerz

Reaction score
I always do 2 coats to make sure I get everything and to ensure I leave my client looking nice and brown, does anyone else do this? Or am I just wasting solution?

I would say you are wasting solution. I don't use suntana but I use 35-40 ml per spray tan and they come out perfect. I was told in training that spraying twice won't make it any darker. Not sure how true that is but if a client asks me for a "double spray" I always charge more. Hope this helps. Also remember the colour u see when you leave your client isnt their tan it's the guide colour which still has around 8 hrs to develop x

It is not about how many coats you do it is about how much solution your applying to the client.

If you apply 2 coats of 25ml each coat (that is 50ml in total) to the client that will give them a lovely tan.

If you do 1 coat and apply 50ml to the client that will give them a lovely tan.

If you apply 2 coats of 50ml then you will have wasted solution and overloaded the clients skin with DHA so the tan will most likely be scaly & fade badly.

You can apply 1 coat or 2 so long as you apply the correct amount of solution to the clients skin. The recommended amount can differ between brands but generally 40ml to 50ml is right.

Depends how much solution you are using. I do 1 coat then a quick mist over and use between 40 & 50ml per tan. Using anything over that would be wasting solution.

Depends how much solution you are using. I do 1 coat then a quick mist over and use between 40 & 50ml per tan. Using anything over that would be wasting solution.

I do the same :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I do 2 coats.

However, my first coat is full coverage and applied vertically.

My 2nd coat - I turn my gun down to a lighter mist and apply horizontally.

I do this just to ensure everywhere is covered. I never have problems with my tans and use 40-50ml xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always fill my can thingy up with 50ml. Do one good thorough coat and if theres some left i will go over with the rest but just not as thorough xxx

I use Suntana and always do 2 coats using approx. 50mls in total x

I do 1 and a half coats lol, 1 normal coat then a quick mist to check I've not missed anything =)

Latest posts

Back