How many geek mobile therapists are there on board?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
:confused:My curiousity is getting the better of me, how many geek onboard are offering mobile treatments?

:confused:My curiousity is getting the better of me, how many geek onboard are offering mobile treatments?
There's many mobile therapist, nail techs on here,I for one do both.I work in a salon and do mobile,though tbh absolutely hate mobile work,just keep it going so can hang onto clients until I have my own business,then hope to persuade these mobile clients to move to my own salon with me,although I guess there will be some that want to stick to me going to their homes.HTH

Me I am fully mobile no salon, but very part time in my work, xx

I'm mobile, and full-time as well - only nails though! I love being mobile personally.....

Yes im mobile.Have been since September,i had my daughter in May 06 so took time away from working.I used to be Manager of a Salon and small Spa before i had Mia but decided to go mobile so i could work around my husbands hours.So i work quite part time hours at the moment

Im mobile and have my own salon, Ive been mobile for 18years (no im not THAT old!!) and i have had my salon since june this year. I absolutly love my work and my clients, i do beauty Therapy and nails, and there isn't enough hours in the day for me..you wouldn't believe the hours i do. I am realy lucky with my mobile ones, and they helped me imensly with my salon.
We take turns on locoations as most of them work all day, So one time they come to me the next i go to theirs. I dont see this a problem coz most of them live quite a while away in the opposite direction, But we tend to work it that if i need to take a LOT of things with me, they will come to my salon, and if its only a tan, nails ect, then ill go to them. It works for me and theres no problems. I have a few regular ones in my salon now, and its picking up quite nicley.
CAZ X

Full time mobile beauty for me :hug:

I'm mobile too, have been since the get-go! so its been just over 2 years.
I only do nails tho.

I'm full time mobile Beauty too...and love it!!!

I hate the mobile because of all the carrying,I love my job dont get me wrong,I love everything about my work,treatments and most of my clients:lol:but there is no way I enjoy carrying my couch and all the equipment,not knowing if I can park outside the clients house or if I have to park half way down the road and then have to carry all the equipment even further:eek:

I think it's far easier if just doing nails,with beauty though that's another matter altogether.Just felt the need to clarify why the negative attitude towards mobile.:green:

I am reading this thread with interest, as I hope to become mobile myself in due course and mainly doing nails. Can I ask if people take their own portable table with them, as I can't quite see how you could manage otherwise and they're not easy to lug about. I've read about the ironing board improvisation, but can't quite visualise it somehow. I can't help but wonder if all the filing wouldn't tip the thing over, or at least make it move around a lot? :irked:

I am reading this thread with interest, as I hope to become mobile myself in due course and mainly doing nails. Can I ask if people take their own portable table with them, as I can't quite see how you could manage otherwise and they're not easy to lug about. I've read about the ironing board improvisation, but can't quite visualise it somehow. I can't help but wonder if all the filing wouldn't tip the thing over, or at least make it move around a lot? :irked:
Hi,there has been many a debate over the using of ironing boards and most of us see it as being a definate no,no.

I think using an ironing board as a manicure desk is about as unprofessional as using someones desert bowls as a manicure dish:eek:

Tables can be portable and quite light,and above all look professional,this is the image we want to portray isn't it?

I know we have to pay for all these pieces of equipment and they dont come cheaply but if we buy a bit at a time it's not that bad and makes us look so much more professional and conscientous,I would hate for someone to come to my house to do my nails then ask for use of my ironing board...quite simply they would be shown the door and I would ring a real professional.JMHO:hug:

I take my treatment couch, trolley, portable table, stool, and very large holdall.

I take everything along, as I was caught out once, only took what was required to do the treatment, only when I got to the clients house. They wanted their eyebrows, and nails done.

Ahh!! I left the equipment and products at home. :eek:

I agree the ironing board idea, freaks me out, so NO NO. I use my treatment couch, the client sitting one side, and myself the other. No problems, and looks professional.

I take my treatment couch, trolley, portable table, stool, and very large holdall.

I take everything along, as I was caught out once, only took what was required to do the treatment, only when I got to the clients house. They wanted their eyebrows, and nails done.

Ahh!! I left the equipment and products at home. :eek:

Yes that's why it's such APITA for us and why I find it such hard work,well Im sure all other beauty therapists do as well.

Give me a salon anyday.:green:

Yes that's why it's such APITA for us and why I find it such hard work,well Im sure all other beauty therapists do as well.

Give me a salon anyday.:green:

I can imagine what a pain it is doing beauty mobile - nails is no great issue tbh. I have a large holdall with: all prep products, scrubfresh, bin, sanitiser, gel lamp, daylight lamp, tips,etc, in. Then I have 1 box for enhancements, another for manicures and my polish case. So, I always need my big bag and then a combination of the others.....

Much more manageable than all the paraphenalia you beauty geeks need! I can understand why mobile is a turn-off for you, but it suits me in my circumstances and most of the time I really enjoy it!

I prefer mobile therapy, no office politics, and back stabbing. Just what I want the freedom, to do a job I enjoy, without the drainage of energy from other people, who do just that.

i'm so glad to hear so many geeks like being mobile, i'm doing nails at college and want to go mobile when i qualify next year, i can't wait to have the freedom of working for myself on the hours i want to work.
as for the table my tutor said its a good odea to get a camping table as its light to carry (and i think it looks better than using an ironing board imo)
x

hi, ive found this an interesting thread.. a couple of you have said about putting your nail stuff in a large holdall. I have a beauty trolley (mobile one) that splits into 3 cases but also have to take ped spa if needed, couch roll etc. I have just started putting my table & spa into a suitcase and then carrying the rest in (trolley & ped stool). New clients looked shocked though when i turn up with it all! I like the idea of a holdall - do u just put all you products in there or still have it in cases / trolley?

i'm so glad to hear so many geeks like being mobile, i'm doing nails at college and want to go mobile when i qualify next year, i can't wait to have the freedom of working for myself on the hours i want to work.
as for the table my tutor said its a good odea to get a camping table as its light to carry (and i think it looks better than using an ironing board imo)
x
Well it needs to be the correct height and width,too wide and you will be streching over and hurt your back and the same as height.:green:Gotta look after our backs,and yes...certaily a damned site better than an ironing board or a black and decker workmate for that matter:lol:

Well it needs to be the correct height and width,too wide and you will be streching over and hurt your back and the same as height.:green:Gotta look after our backs,and yes...certaily a damned site better than an ironing board or a black and decker workmate for that matter:lol:

would you recommend a camping table? or would it be better for my back to get a portable manicure table? i'm worried about the manicure table being too big and heavy x

Latest posts

Back