How many grams of colour for a service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleyjames

Reaction score
At all the salons I worked at they have a guide 20g of colour for regrowth. 10g of pl for 10 foils. 30g of colour and 60g developer for a long semi permanent. What are normal amounts to mix For different services?

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek mobile app

We do

30g + 30g developer for regrowth
If you need more do 10g at a time

10g bleach + 20g developer for bleach
Mix 5g more if needed

We weigh out waste every week to keep an eye on what is being wasted.

I do exactly the same as Kimmi. 30g tint (equivalent 60g with h2o2) per regrowth. Very rarely do I go over.

We use scales now as when I started managing here the waste was awful as they were use 1/4 1/2 a tube and guessing the peroxide.

Bleach is 10g and 20g peroxide
Regrowth 20/30/40g plus developer
Highlift is 5g and 10g peroxide for half head
Demi is 20g/30g of colour to 40/45 develop.

I have NO waste. Sometimes I see a 1/2 tube of colour being mixed for some foils!! Eek!

We use scales now as when I started managing here the waste was awful as they were use 1/4 1/2 a tube and guessing the peroxide.

Bleach is 10g and 20g peroxide
Regrowth 20/30/40g plus developer
Highlift is 5g and 10g peroxide for half head
Demi is 20g/30g of colour to 40/45 develop.

I have NO waste. Sometimes I see a 1/2 tube of colour being mixed for some foils!! Eek!

Really don't get how you guys use such a little ammount of product!!!! I'm only just qualified and fins I use 1/2 a tube for a regrowth 1-1 1/2 tubes for a full head and 50g of bleach t 100g of peroxide for a full head of foils can anyone advise me on how t use less feel like I'm throwing menu down the drain :(

Same, on a thick head of hair I would use half a tube for regrowth and maybe a full tube for a full head. Then again I've been taught to "lay it on thick!"

Half a tube is 25g- 30g so that is what has be suggested??

I never mix one whole bowl of prelightener I re mix about 4 times to keep it fresh I can't stand a huge bowl of foamy bleach! Mix little and often. Bleach mixing does depend on regrowth or all the way through, or if it's just bleach or 3 colours.

Using porosity spray helps to spread the product easier.

Half a tube is 25g to 30gs??

Damn phone lol!

That makes me feel better, we never got taught to weigh colour only to measure it and the peroxide.

I find that it works really good 20g for retouch but 10g of powder to 15g of developer for 10 foils hard to do cause it works out 3G per foil. Although for an all over colour is easier if grey roots and coloured ends as the semi on the ends goes further. But how much would you mix off a half head I normally do 30g powder 45 to 60g of developer I find it too much a lot of the time

Latest posts

Back