How many infills before a new set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPampered

Reaction score
When I trained I was told that once a client had a set of enhancements on u could just continue to infill rather than replacing with a fresh set after how ever many infills.

However ive been doing a bit of market research of other nail techs in my area and ive noticed a fair few recommending having each set soaked off after 6-8 weeks or 2 infill appointments, to ensure no damage is done to the nail, and to check for potential infections.

What do u guys recommend for ur clients?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I,m relatively a newbie in this since I still don,t have 1 year doing nails to other people, I have 14 months doing nails but to myself. Usually if I do acrylic nails with tip , I recommend a soak off and new set after maximum 8 weeks, since at that time (or even less) the natural nail had grown so much, that the tip probably is already in the free edge of the natural nail, and I,m not going to put the apex on the free edge. Maybe I,m wrong, but that,s how I do it to guarantee that the nail is strong enough to last and is not going to break damaging the natural nail.

On the case of sculpted nails, i don,t have any maximum time limit before a soak off and new set, I spent 1 year with sculpted nails on my own hands, doing infills every 3 weeks, I just soak them off 1 week ago, my natural nails were very very long :rolleyes: and no damage at all.

If a clients begins to have more breaks/ lifting issues etc then I might soak off otherwise I generally just continue to rebalance.
I would have a hard job persuading them to soak off a perfectly good set of nails!

Thanks lovelies, that makes me feel better. I get what ur saying about the apex moving down but thats when I would do a rebalance. Same as sculpted nails. So thats not an issue. Thank u x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I have a question now, maybe there,s a way and I,m not aware of it.
I can do a rebalance on a sculpted acrylic nails. But how can I do a rebalance on acrylic nails with tips?. If the tip is moving down with the natural growing nail, is there a way to rebalance the tips? Because I am soaking them off every 5 maximum 8 weeks when I see the tip already over the free edge :(

I know I can rebalance the acrylic, but how about the tips below the acrylic which is moving down to the free edge of the nail? Or i can just leave it growing until there,s no tips on the nail and finally there,s only acrylic like an sculpted nail?

Thanks in advanced :)

Last edited:
Or i can just leave it growing until there,s no tips on the nail and finally there,s only acrylic like an sculpted nail?

Thanks in advanced :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly :)

Yes, just let the tip grow out, it's then called a natural nail overlay. You build the apex into your enhancement, exactly like what you do for sculptured nails!

I would just soak off nails if there is a reason, e.g if there were breaks I would just soak off the one that needed to be removed. There's no need to soak acrylics off imo.

I just had a soak off and new set after my acrylic being on for 4 months and just doing refills. The only reason why we did a soak of and new set was because the acrylic was getting brittle on my free edge and my natural nail free edge was lifting away from the tip underneath due to every day wear. Every person is different though :)

I currently will keep infilling nails. However as 99% of my l&p customers have shellac over there nails I spend nearly as much time buffing off, infilling, re-shellac as it takes for a new set. I'm opening a salon in a couple of weeks and I'm writing into my leaflets that a maximum of two infills can be done and infills can't be longer than 3 weeks old. This way I gain more money :) xx

I currently will keep infilling nails. However as 99% of my l&p customers have shellac over there nails I spend nearly as much time buffing off, infilling, re-shellac as it takes for a new set. I'm opening a salon in a couple of weeks and I'm writing into my leaflets that a maximum of two infills can be done and infills can't be longer than 3 weeks old. This way I gain more money :) xx

Yes, rebalances etc can take as much work as a new set sometimes and yet they don't carry the same price tag! :rolleyes:

My infill price with Gelish over enhancements is only £2 less than a new set for this exact reason... It takes me about 5 minutes less to do an infill/rebalance for enhancements with Gelish than it does for a new set! xx

My full set is $5 over a rebalance - I'm fine without removal and redo a full set. i find it partly depends on the client. some don't want plastic tips at all and want them only as long as it takes to grow out their nail and then only do a fill.

That's fine. I don't like any kind of tips on myself, i like the hard gel over my nails and will only do a fill if i can help it.

Latest posts

Back