How many lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
Ok so i was just wondering how many lashes you put on for half/full sets.
I have a client who i do every couple of weeks. Last week she did a lash extensions course herself. She was taught that a full set was 30 lashes per eye :eek: Can you believe that??
I put 35-45 ish on for a half set. For a full set about 70 and for a glamour set 80+.
I'd be well miffed if i went and paid for a full set and they only put 30 lpe on!
So what do you all do?

Hey angelina,

I don't do half sets... I only do full. And I give all of them as many as they can handle. I do not normally count as I lash, but I am averaging about 90-120 per eye. These numbers are an average for your run of the mill synthetic/silk/faux mink lashes. I usually stack/layer the Authentic Mink (real mink fur) lashes because they are so light in weight. So if you double or triple the 90-120 average for the set of Authentic Mink set, that would be about right.

30 lashes per eye seem a bit inadiquate for a full set to me as well...

P.S. I've cked out your lash album and just wanted to say how pretty and clean your work is!!! I can see you have a great appreciation of attention to detail. As a fellow lasher to another, you're fabuLASH!!!

Happy Lashing~~~! :hug:

Last edited:
For a half set i do around 40lpe, full set around 80lpe glam set around 100lpe, so fairly similar to yourself. The number of people who phone me because they were disappointed with the number of lashes they got previously is unreal. Lots of people out there classing 30lpe as a full set :(

I remember when I trained we were told to aim for at least 35 but once we've had a lot of practice a full set would be about 70.

I don't count but I do about 35 for a half set and about 70 for a full set. I don't do many half sets though.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Must say i defiantly agree with the other posts, i don't count but do about 50-70lpe for a full set and for a glam set would do 90lpe+

I would be sooo disappointed in 30lpe for the cost of most full sets! :hug:

I'm training at the moment in nouveau and I've been trained to apply 30 for a full set. It's taking me that long to even put that amount on and I must admit it looks sparse to me.:irked: I phoned one of the top salons in my area and they are charging £55 for a full set guess how many? Yeah you guessed it 30. I will definitely be aiming to produce more than 30 in my full set once I get faster :hug:

Hi,

I usually put on approx. 100 lashes per eye for a full set, I don't do half sets at all. I have a client who did the course herself and they were taught to put on approx. 35 lashes per eye for a full set! I agree with the comments above, I wouldn't be happy if I paid for a full set and only got 35 lashes per eye!

Hope that hellps :)

i do around 30- 40 for a half set and as many as i can get on in the time slot for a full set. As i dont do loads and loads of lashing my speed isnt great so for a full set i still allow 2 1/2 hours. (im estimating that i am getting 70+ plus lashes)

Around where we are lashes are having a bit of a boom but i have seen some of the most awful work such as lashes clumped together, twisted off in all directions, lashes stacked on lashes, massive gaps. In my mind i would rather take longer and produce a stunning set of lashes than do a rush job (as is what i am seeing). Im sure if i were doing even 3 or 4 sets a week then my speed whould soon come but i perhaps only do a few sets a month.

I remember another thread where the price was in question it ran for quiet a while and then Loublou said how much she charges and that when someone asked her why she charged so much when others charged much less, her answer was, go and ask how many lashes do you get for your cheep set, 30? 35? Her sets are always at least 80.
It made me stop and think. Yep, if I was going to get a full set of lashes, I'd want a higher number for my money too, I'd want to throw my mascara in the back of the draw and yes I'd pay more for it.
I think anyone who went for this service and only got 30 lashes for a full set would feel a bit cheated.
Obviously a newly trained lasher would take longer and not do so many, but that's reflected in the price and from a client point of view is someone worth cultivating, knowing that her price would go up as her work got better and faster is one thing, but 30 lashes, that's it, never going to get better or more?
Nope, I'd take my custom else where.

I'm training at the moment in nouveau and I've been trained to apply 30 for a full set.

I trained with Nouveau too and i was told 60 for a full set.
It seems a lot of training places now seem to say 30 lashes for a full set.
Jen- I have the same-people moaning that they have been somewhere else and had 30 odd lashes on and were expecting a lot more, especially as they had paid a fortune.
Oh well, it's more clients for us :lol:

It really bugs me that we have salons popping all over offering what looks like bargain offers on lash extensions, but like it has been said previous dig a little deeper and these offers are usually not what they seem. I don't advertise full or half sets anymore, I word it: natural set or full glamorous set. My natural sets are 50ish lashes per eye and full sets 80 - 100 lashes per eye. I had a client who would have a half set on every 3/4 months she never came for infills even after explaining the benefits several times, anyway she now goes to a salon in the next town who are £15 dearer than me,they put on far less lashes then I did (35 lashes per eye) but because they advertise them as a full set she thinks she is getting better value for money!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i do around 30- 40 for a half set and as many as i can get on in the time slot for a full set. As i dont do loads and loads of lashing my speed isnt great so for a full set i still allow 2 1/2 hours. (im estimating that i am getting 70+ plus lashes)

Around where we are lashes are having a bit of a boom but i have seen some of the most awful work such as lashes clumped together, twisted off in all directions, lashes stacked on lashes, massive gaps. In my mind i would rather take longer and produce a stunning set of lashes than do a rush job (as is what i am seeing). Im sure if i were doing even 3 or 4 sets a week then my speed whould soon come but i perhaps only do a few sets a month.

I take about 2 1/2 hrs to do a full set as well, i'm not massively fast but i take my time and don't rush. I have also seen some lashes that have been applied and they are terrible. All clumped together etc :rolleyes:

Ange I was trained that 35 lashes was a full set as well, but i don't agree with that to be honest and never have. A full set of around the 90-100 mark looks so stunning, i find that half sets look a little sparse. Great for those just trying it out though and then they can top up at infills :) xx

I trained with Nouveau too and i was told 60 for a full set.
It seems a lot of training places now seem to say 30 lashes for a full set.
Jen- I have the same-people moaning that they have been somewhere else and had 30 odd lashes on and were expecting a lot more, especially as they had paid a fortune.
Oh well, it's more clients for us :lol:
You are actually my yard stick, I followed your blog, the whole thing fasinates me, so I have this idea in my head for how long it should take a newbie to do a set, how many lashes and how that should all progress as the tech gets more experience:hug:

When training someone I expect them to get at least 30 on per eye for their case studies. I would expect at that stage they would be charging approx £30. After that I would increase price with the amount of lashes got on.

Once they have their speeds up, they should be getting 25-30 lpe for corners charging £25, 45-50 lpe for trial or half set charging £50, and 80 lpe upwards for a full set charging from £85 upwards.

Unfortunately, some people expect to get full price straight away when they are getting very few on. This makes the treatment seem expensive and lots of clients don't bother to have them again if they've had this service and not experienced a 'true' full set.

If you want to get your prices up, then you need to get the practice in to get your speeds up and more lashes on!

Happy Lashing!:)

I'm working on my case studies at the moment and am getting on around 25-30 on each eye. When I review my photos they look awful. I have done a good job with my lashes that I have put on, would prefer to put on less then loads clumped together. Have returning clients who are happy but I feel myself that the amount I am putting on is just not enough. I'm charging 20 at the moment and once I start to put on more I will charge a bit higher. Because I have been trained to apply 30 for a full set and only just getting to that level now, I was getting deflated with my lashes, kept looking at photos of friends on here with fantastic lashes and wondered why mine didn't look like that. 30 looks so sparse :irked: I totally agree I would be disappointed to pay a lot of money for so few lashes. Julesgems your post is brilliant, thanks for that information:hug:

I have also been taught to apply 30-35 lashes per eye for a full set but reading the above posts I will definately start putting more on. 30-35 is just not enough to get a nice look.

Don't beat yourself up about it. with practice your speeds will increase and you will get more lashes on!

There are no fast and easy ways to getting good at lashes - just simple practice. Aim to do at least 4 practices per week, spending 2 hours at a time. Count each set and you will notice the lashes increase.:hug:

Just to add further to this post, given the prices charged around me and the numbers they give for the price, I have decided to add a Glamour set to my menu.

This will be 90+ lashes (as many as I can get on) of the thickest, blackest lashes I have for £125.00!

Given that people are paying £70.00 for 35 lashes I hope it will take off! Will keep you all posted.:)

OK, I'm going to stick to my neck out here and I hope I don't get shot!

I apply about 50 lashes per eye and advertise it as a full set for £40. GULP!!! but let me explain why....................

I live in an area where the Poundshop is the only busy shop on our high street and the chop shop nail bar does a full set for £20 and always has a queue. There are girls in our local tanning shop doing "full" sets of lashes for £15 and £20.

I decided right at the start that I wasn't going to compete with them. I was going to pride myself on quality service, using quality products and was convinced that I would do well. Unfortunately, when I started to promote around the local area all I heard from people was "You charge HOW MUCH!!!" So and so in the tan shop only takes £20 for a full set.

I had NO clients.

It's OK deciding that you want to target a specific market, but you still have get clients through the door in the first place to let them see how great you are!!! LOL

I couldn't get anyone to even book an appointment for a £65 set of "full" lashes. The problem was that a lot of girls don't actually know what a "full" set is. They are driven by price alone

I dropped my price (and number of lashes) and now charge £40. It takes me about 1.5 hours to apply approx 50 per eye. I explain that if they want more lashes they can book an extra hour and I will apply lots more lashes. I explain that this is "proper" full set.

It's a slow process to educate the clients but I hope that, as word spreads people will begin to learn that it is worth paying the extra. I already have a number of regular, loyal clients who appreciate what I am doing but it isn't easy.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to get that off my chest. xx

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to stick to my neck out here and I hope I don't get shot!

I apply about 50 lashes per eye and advertise it as a full set for £40. GULP!!! but let me explain why....................

I live in an area where the Poundshop is the only busy shop on our high street and the chop shop nail bar does a full set for £20 and always has a queue. There are girls in our local tanning shop doing "full" sets of lashes for £15 and £20.

I decided right at the start that I wasn't going to compete with them. I was going to pride myself on quality service, using quality products and was convinced that I would do well. Unfortunately, when I started to promote around the local area all I heard from people was "You charge HOW MUCH!!!" So and so in the tan shop only takes £20 for a full set.

I had NO clients.

It's OK deciding that you want to target a specific market, but you still have get clients through the door in the first place to let them see how great you are!!! LOL

I couldn't get anyone to even book an appointment for a £65 set of "full" lashes. The problem was that a lot of girls don't actually know what a "full" set is. They are driven by price alone

I dropped my price and now charge £40. It takes me about 1.5 hours to apply approx 50 per eye. I explain that if they want more lashes they can book an extra hour and I will apply lots more lashes. I explain that this is "proper" full set.

It's a slow process to educate the clients but I hope that, as word spreads people will begin to learn that it is worth paying the extra. I already have a number of regular, loyal clients who appreciate what I am doing but it isn't easy.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to get that off my chest. xx

Elliebee - I can see where you are coming from here, I'm not so much in an area such as yours but being a home based salon need something to entice the clients in in the first place and unfortunately price does play a part in this so think yours is a good idea. I had a peek on your website and notice that you don't explain your pricing strategy so do you just explain this when the clients initially phone?
Also just to side track a little, your express lashes, who did you train with, Im interested but find the blinc and go ones a little expensive.

H xx

Latest posts

Back