How many mils of tan should you be using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hols_21

Reaction score
I've just recently started out on my own renting a room and bought at tropez tan and a hvlp machine off eBay. I just wondered how many mls of tan is recommended to use as I seem to have the gun turned right down yet still a lot of mist/tan in the air after I'm done?! But the guide colour doesn't seem very dark once finished? I'm worried I'm wasting too much tan if the machine isn't good enough?

Have you completed spray tan training? You can contact your local St tropez rep who will be able to advise you as they spray differently to other brands and give you all info you will need. Alan Howards or Ellisons deal with salons now.

I did my training with sunjunkie and was advised to use around 75ml per client, but maybe it is different for st tropez, I will check with the reps! Thank u

Hi
I'm a Spray Tan Trainer and once you get going you should use about 50ml per client but to start out you will probably use more
:)

Hi Hols,

Generally speaking you should be using 45-50mls of spray tan solution per full body spray. Ideally you should be getting 17-22 full body sprays with every 1 litre bottle

MT x

Sorry I didn't put what I were taught - approx 60ml per client (or approx 12/15 tans per litre) depending how much area you are covering with St Tropez, and the mist is turned down to a lower setting as you spray twice and it dries quickly this way - it's the best way I've been taught and much prefer St tropez.

Ok thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back