How many of you have a day job that isn't beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in manufacturing at a concrete works Monday - Friday
I've been there for 6 years and felt I'd achieved all I was going to, so wanted to learn new skills. I'd always enjoyed doing my nails and when I had mine done at a salon I felt good afterwards, so i wanted to be able to make other people feel good
I hope one day that I'll be able to make beauty my full time job

I'm a full-time college librarian, Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week.

I'm a glamourous fishmonger lol as my day job but love my nails and tanning on the side

how many people in the beauty industry also have a "day job" doing something that has little/nothing to do with beauty but brings in the sort of money that is a lot harder to bring in with beauty?

its a tough old life for sure and gets ever more expensive the more x wives you notch up on the belt,that with also two dependent kids,a great dane and of course two cats ...let alone the good old tax man that ever knocks at the door demanding money :eek::lol::hug:

That said if you are passionate about what you do then it someyinmes is wise to focus on growing your buisness rather than leaving it to tick over while you empty dusbins for the council to earn extra much needed cash

Says the one who is swinging his tail in the wind!

Says the one who is swinging his tail in the wind!

handy for me day job sweeping the streets thats for dang sure
:eek::wink2::lol::lol::hug:

I'm a gymnastic coach, welfare officer, mum and nana ... All unpaid monetary wise :)

I'm a mystery shopper. I can pick and choose which assignments I want to do so if my mobile nail business is busy, it doesn't get a look in but when things go quiet I look for assignments to fill my time and my purse.

I'm also a mum, a taxi, a tutor, ironing lady and cleaner but these jobs are from home and go unpaid :sad:

I'm a learning support assistant in a school for a child with special needs. I do manicures & nail art part time, soon to do Shellac! Both are my dream jobs, love them both so much!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I Work some evenings and weekends in a local social club. (been there 10 years)
Have been trying to get work in a salon for a while, but only having a minimal qualification in beauty (and self taught nail art if that counts! Lol) and no spare cash to continue my courses make my chances very slim
:(
My passion is with nails it's like I'm obsessed, they are all I think about! Hopefully one day I'll be able to Achieve my dream. :)
But to add to my list: mum, ironing lady, taxi, cook, cleaner, problem solver, secretary. The list is endless! Haha :D x

I was 18 when I got licensed.... at that point I was ready to move out on my own, had a car payment and car insurance and being a nail tech wasn't the most ideal job at the time with no clientelle.
I have been working at home depot now for 6 years :/
I have been doing nails for myself and a handful of friends since then, up until this last december. I started in a booth rent situation 2 days a week. I have since started to build a clientelle and hope to be able to go part time by this coming december.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I'm a process scientist for a sewage treatment company! Glamorous job or what?!? Haha x

I'm a Bank Manager. Don't shoot me.

I'm a shift worker (carer for the disabled) the flexability is great to be able to work at my home salon, but I would leave in a heart beat if I could afford to.
The only thing keeping me there is the sick leave, annual leave, weekend and night shift penalties...sigh...I'll be there forever :(

I'm a Crime Manager ( yes it is possible to manage crime to a certain extent!).
Anyway, I don't enjoy it at all and its really getting me down. I'm trying to figure out how to get into nails properly as I'm fully qualified but still only practicing on friends and family. Not really sure how popular apprenticeships are around here. I'm doing a conversion course next month to get me back on track.

I was a paraplanner (yes, it is a real job) at a financial advisers. I gave it all up last year to concentrate on my beauty business.

I love my job now. I am my own boss, I can fit my hours around my family and I love meeting new clients and chatting to my regulars. It's a perfect job.

Okay, I miss the regular salary but money isn't everything. My happiness is more important. I wish I'd done it sooner .

I'm a mystery shopper. I can pick and choose which assignments I want to do so if my mobile nail business is busy, it doesn't get a look in but when things go quiet I look for assignments to fill my time and my purse.

I'm also a mum, a taxi, a tutor, ironing lady and cleaner but these jobs are from home and go unpaid :sad:

I'd love to be a mystery shopper. How did you get into that?

Latest posts

Back