How many of you use OPI Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzy-lizzy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading through here on and off for a long time now and I don't see hardly anything about OPI gel on here.

I personally really like using it, but have heared that people would prefer Gelish as it's not as thick as the OPI.

Just wondered about everyones perfrances as each to their own.

I did start out using Entity however I didn't really get on with it all that well and their colours I felt were a little limited.

I use it but won't be restocking as my clients prefer Gelish :)

I use it aswel as BioSculpture, I do like it, I find it can last up to 4 weeks on some of my clients!! However BioSculpture would probably be my first choice.

Thank you for the input :)

Can I ask, is it due to wearing time or colours etc?

I like the perfection and control I have with a slightly thicker gel, I prefer the application with a brush. Saying that OPI is quick and easy! Just my personal preference x

EmJ - I agree, I actually prefer the slightly thicker gel, it's eaiser to apply.

They also provide good coverage with only 2 coats.

i personally love the colours of OPI I have alot of their polishes too and my clients love the fact I can match their gel colour with their polish for anything. I also find opi super quick to use too. most of my clients get full 14-16 days wear no problem.

EmJ - I agree, I actually prefer the slightly thicker gel, it's eaiser to apply.

They also provide good coverage with only 2 coats.

Yep thats gripe with Gelish, some colours are great, but a few i wish they would tweek a little (like need a tan) because some are quite thin and i don't want to be doing 3 coats all the time :(

Last edited:
I have been using OPI GelColor for a few months now. I absolutely love it. I didn't think I would find anything I liked more than Gelish. OPI GelColor is easier to apply (once you master the shrinkage) and it removes so quickly. I just love the stuff. I stock the matching polish range, I just wish they'd produce more of the mini bottles as they are easier to sell.

Some of my clients prefer OPI, some Gelish. Most in the end choose totally on colour.

I have been using OPI GelColor for a few months now. I absolutely love it. I didn't think I would find anything I liked more than Gelish. OPI GelColor is easier to apply (once you master the shrinkage) and it removes so quickly. I just love the stuff. I stock the matching polish range, I just wish they'd produce more of the mini bottles as they are easier to sell.

Some of my clients prefer OPI, some Gelish. Most in the end choose totally on colour.

When I bought the the range of OPI I then saw bad feedback on the net and was panicking. However once I had done some research on how to apply, i've never looked back and i'm a huge fan of it! I just wish they would bring out a glitter range :)

hi i have done both gelish and opi gelcolor courses and i love both products, gelsh i love the fact you can layer colours and opi is a joy to remove and you can get polish in same colours . for now im stocking both!!

I have been using gelcolor since it came out. And again after a few teething problems with shrinkage also, I love it, it never goes thick in the bottle and the removal is so quick and easy. The best to remove. I also use shellac but do far more opi than shellac.

I have also tried gelish but I found the removal hard work, I wish they would bring out some glittery different colours and also the matching polish in the mini bottles

Latest posts

Back