How many of you wear long nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
I really love wearing long nails & want to sport stiletto nails because I LOVE them and want to advertise my work.

However, I just can't keep long nails on as - wait for it - laundry always gets one!

So realistically, do you wear long nails? Does it take over your life or can you manage day to day, or do you just avoid certain things??

Would love to hear how people cope! Xx

I keep mine this length (excuse all the nail polish all over them, hard day in the office ;)

Keeping mine an almond/pointed shape I find are a lot easier to handle. They don't get caught on things!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236207.701558.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236207.701558.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 859
I get told all the time (recently) that my nails are long and 'how do you cope with them?', answer is, I dunno, I just do!!

I rarely break one and have each set on around 9 weeks before I soak off and start again, mainly because I can never get the squareness back from all the filing of other people's nails messing my own up.

Not sure how long, long is but I'd say the tip of mine are 2cm's - if any do break, they tend to be the thumb and pointy finger :)

i wear my natural nails pretty long with shellac on. i do find the more rounded or almond shaped they are the longer they last. I always end up with a scuffed index finger on my left hand due to filing!

xx

I alway work with long nails just live them too much! I also wear stilletos and that's what catches people's eye and gets them chatting! Even strangers (marketing)!! Gives me the opportunity to give my cards out even on a night out! Haha! I also work in a balloon shop! Many people say how the hell can you work with balloons with those. But I find it easier seems to protect my own nails :) these are my current nails (barbie) and previous nails that got a lot Of comments

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236660.489067.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236660.489067.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 936
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236698.501520.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236698.501520.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,363
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236729.066283.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350236729.066283.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,699
Used to keep mine very short but since the advent of Shellac they are longer - a tad shorter than paigemcdonagh's. Cleaning the kitchen counter is the one that always breaks my nails. I'm always in such a rush that I usually manage to jam my nails against the wall and that's the end of that. Shellac does wonders in keeping my nails longer.

I keep mine squoval as almond/pointy doesn't work for me -- stilettos are therefore totally out of the question for myself but I envy those who manage.

Edit:
When I used to do L&P they were much longer, though, and I had no trouble keeping them that way.

Last edited:
Always quite short for me. Hard to change dirty diapers and do housework with long nails even though I love them. I always end up breaking them.

I always wear mine fairly long people in work (hairdresser) are always asking how do i do anything with my nails so long!! I just gradually let them get long.. I always wear l and p! Shape changes depending on my mood!! Usually have almond shaped but sqovals at the moment!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Rachel that's the length I'd like!! I wonder if I should just whack 'em on & go for it. It's definitely my right hand that suffers. Might just have to do it!

Great to hear its possible though, and for ladies that work with their hands not just ladies that lunch! Xx

I have always had long nails whether they have been natural or tipped often get comments how do you manage with them? I think the answer is I just do cause I've always had them long!! I don't feel right if my nails are short, but having said that I do often file them down when I feel they need it.
Shellac is the best for keeping nails x :)

I've got oval sculpts on for almost 2 weeks now (from cuticle to sharpest point- 2cm.) I think the only thing I struggle with is opening my can of diet coke :lol: I've been able to construct 2 Ikea drawer units and do my daily duties quite comfortably :) I did cheat a little and reinforce my apex more thicker than usual though, because I'm very heavy handed.

I've got oval sculpts on for almost 2 weeks now (from cuticle to sharpest point- 2cm.) I think the only thing I struggle with is opening my can of diet coke :lol: I've been able to construct 2 Ikea drawer units and do my daily duties quite comfortably :) I did cheat a little and reinforce my apex more thicker than usual though, because I'm very heavy handed.

I've always used either a kitchen knife or a Yale key to open cans & get the strangest looks!!

I might have to reinforce my right hand if I go for a stiletto! And keep it short to start with!

I alway work with long nails just live them too much! I also wear stilletos and that's what catches people's eye and gets them chatting! Even strangers (marketing)!! Gives me the opportunity to give my cards out even on a night out! Haha! I also work in a balloon shop! Many people say how the hell can you work with balloons with those. But I find it easier seems to protect my own nails :) these are my current nails (barbie) and previous nails that got a lot Of comments

Stunning nails :)

I've always used either a kitchen knife or a Yale key to open cans & get the strangest looks!!

I might have to reinforce my right hand if I go for a stiletto! And keep it short to start with!

Yea. You can always go a little longer than usual, then keep rebalancing it as it grows :)

Thanks Chick.

Just need to set aside about half a day as I've not had much luck with stilettos yet & take forever on myself! But I WANT! X

I have always had long natural nails and used to frequently get asked how I managed to keep them long as I used to look after horses, but I have no idea how I did. Now I am a nail tech and discovered Shellac, they are even stronger! I would like to make them really pointy but worried it would break them!

Attachments

• sept 12 008.jpg
    sept 12 008.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 360
I love to have my nails long, but sadly that's a thing of the past! On past years when I only did beauty I used to poke people with my long talons! So decided to keep them short. Now I mainly do nails and still keep them short as found I tend to file them off when re-balancing!!!! Can't win wither way!

I Almost always wear stillettoes, i Can do everything with my hands... But i sertainly can't when i'm not wearing Them :)
apuqa5yv.jpg
this is the lenght i wear

I wear mine long and not had too many breaks. I advise clients who want long nails to start off shorter and let them 'grow'.
This allows the client to get a sense of where their finger actually ends. I find if they're used to short nails and have Long extensions done they are guaranteed to snap a nail while cleaning

Latest posts

Back