How many of you work full time???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
Daft question really but just thought I would ask!! Is every geek a full time nail technician or are some of you employed full time. I work full time as a PA and work at night and weekends as a mobile nail technician - just wondered if anyone else was in the same position???

Clare

Hi

I work full time in a sales office. I havent started doing clients yet as I only qualified in June this year.I think its about time I got my butt in gear !!

How do you find doing appointments at night and the weekend and everything else ?? Any advice ??

Lyndy x

Hi there - I find the work ok - I dont work that much at the weekend's - Saturday mornings is about it if I can be bothered - weekends is all the spare time I have - luckily I dont have any kids yet otherwise I would not be able to do both jobs!!!

If my partner decides to do overtime on a Saturday morning then I will book in a couple of clients - I am still working full time at the moment until I have enough regular clients to give up altogether or at least cut down to part-time hours!!!

Hope this helps

Clare

Hi Clare

Like me I dont have any children at the moment, so I am hoping that I would be able to build up clients to go part time. OH if only !

Anyway good luck with it all.

Lyndy x

Hi there I work full time and love it but do get a bit tired. I have a four year old son as well.

Yep, i work full time too, but eventually want to build up enough clients to go part time - that wont be for a few years yet though...:)

I work full time too, I do nails on a evening & weekend, hopefully though doing nails full time in the future :)

Thanx everyone - its nice to know that there are people out there in the same boat as me!!! You never know one day I may be a full time nail technician!!!

Clare

Hi,

I work in a call centre and Ive just changed my hours to 0730 - 1300 so I can concentrate on nails in the afternoon, can't wait to get up and running, I know its not going to be easy getting a client base but I will be fine as Ill still have a regular income from the mornings. The long term aim is to do nails full time but I enjoy the call centre anyway as a job (not a career) so im really happy with things at the moment.

:) :)

hiya clare im in the same position as you i work till 8.30-5 then stsrt on the nail business (tskes me an hour to get home from my job) so earliest i can start is 6-half past x

yeah I work 9-4.30 and I normally get home about twenty to six so I'm usually at a client's house for 6 at the earliest - then all my weekend which should be my spare time is took up with the cleaning, washing, ironing etc. oh yeah as well as looking after my horse - up at 5 before work every morning in winter so not looking froward to next month!!!!

Clare

im recently a full time nail technician in a salon!!
i used to be part time there, but now ive gone the whole hog!!!! and i love it!!, it is tiring especially if its back to back, but how better to spend your day, getting paid for something you enjoy doing!!
before, i worked part time and tried to be mobile around the spare hours, but couldnt really get into it!

I worked full time from day one now 14 years down the line,2 years full time mobile and then the last 12 years full time in the Tanning Shop, god I have been there longer than the furniture and the flooring and the current owner. I saw this as the only way to build up my business and my client base. I needed to earn full time money and part time hours just wouldn't have give me that.... It was very hard, as nails where only for those ladies that would do lunch....but it was worth it. OMG where have all those years gone????

I started off that way in order to support my new career but now, many years on, I work full time in nails and beauty.

I was full time beauty/nails till I had my kids then I worked at home around them for ten years and now I'm full time in my own little place at the local hairdresser.Never really done anything else except for part time jobs when I was a kid.

yeah i'm in the same boat as most, I work full time in a bank and im trying to set up mobile nails in the evenings and weekends. The thing is i hate my day job!!!! :cry:

I work full time as a primary school teacher and do nails in the evenings. I am also quite involved in the church I attend. Along with being a wife and mother I'm kept pretty busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hey Girls
I work 9-5 in a call centre which i love but my contracts due to expire in January... NOOOOOO!!!! any way i also work saturdays at a salon as a receptionist as well as doing clients nails in the evenings.. gave in my part time modelling but there you go!!!

Women eh we work so hard balance all this plus our socaial lives and family and friends and all sorts of other stuff in our lives as well as having metime ever seen a man try and cope?? imagine if the roles were reversed ( no offence to the male nail techs just having an anti man day lol !!!!)

Keep doing what we do!!!!

Full time nail technician.....I built up my hours over the last couple of years, started at 3 days and worked up to full time whebn I opened my own salon earlier this year.....now my youngest is starting school next week, I suspect more hours creeping up on me lol!

I work 40 hours a week as credit controller and i do nails on a night and on a weekend and sometimes i get very tired!!

Latest posts

Back