How many of your clients return with lifting ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachelturner100

Reaction score
hi geeks

I was wondering how many ( if any ) clients return with lifting or breakages ?
Does everyone have there clients come back for rebalancing with perfect nails ( apart from where the nail has grown )

I would be very interested in all replies because its got me wondering !!!!

It is all down to the after care by the client really,
as i get a mixture,
a hand full come with back with perfect nails ( clients that take notice and follow all after care advise )
some come back with nails that arnt too bad ( clients that follow after care advise as and when they remember )
and some come back with them in a right old mess ( clients that totally ignore all after care advise )
with experience you can tell from looking at the nails on the rebalance appointment which clients have actually looked after them and which have not, this is when you really understand how many lied to you in the early days of your career :hug:

I have some that lifts after 4 weeks, but most of them do not. (And yes, in Norway it is normal to go every four weeks for reballance.) On the lifters, I have tried everything, but I think there just are some that lifts and some that don't....

C.

hi geeks

Does everyone have there clients come back for rebalancing with perfect nails ( apart from where the nail has grown )

Most of mine are 4 weekers and have no or very little lifting. I have the odd couple who no matter what i do get some lifting but if they insist on not coming more regular then there is nothing more i can do.

Breakages are down to the clients...they are all on when they leave here...:lol:...apart from following them all around and saying "careful how you do that" there isn't much i can do but repair them. If i had to put a number on it i would say out of 15 clients per week...2 might have broken 1.

some people never loose any..for the whole time they wear the ext they are perfect and I only have to do minimum on a maintenance appt.

However there are people who are a nightmare...they pick, pull..blame it on housework..the kids..any excuse. Most of the time they are heavy handed. I can tell why a nail has lifted...i.e if they haven't followed after care and applied oil or they have picked them.

It annoys me when clients are so clumsy with them. I have naturally long nails and people are always making jokes that I must not do any housework to be able to keep them this good and strong...I always make a point of saying that I do EVERYTHING in the house and I don't wear rubber gloves!! I always wear polish, nail strengthener and oil and try to think before I do things, like using them as tools to open cans etc...

I get used to the cients who cause the lifting...even though they often deny it

If my clients use cuticle oil as recommended and treat their nails decently, there is usually very very minimal lifting on a few nails. They can come back for infills more than 10 days later and I will not fall off my chair after inspecting the condition of their nails haha.

And yes, I've had clients return for a rebalance without any infill appointments in between with near perfect nails - myself included actually :) Some nail biters and pickers though, are a different story altogether. There may be a breakage or 2 and the amount of lifting varies (this is when they return approximately 7 days later).

Oh I forgot to mention also a select few who simply cannot seem to keep enhancments because they are too rough with their nails and/or do not bother to maintain them once they step out of my salon!

hi geeks

are you having some lifting problems ...? if so where abouts

Hi Angie

i do have a few clients that come back with slight lifting others with more others with none . what made me ask was yesterday i had an appointment with a regular client who mantains her nails very well , actually she never has any lifting after three weeks . Yesterday both her thumbs had lifted around the cuticle area . she asked me what i had done differently on previous appointment which of course was nothing . That got me wondering .......

thanks for all the replies fellow geeks xxx

hi geeks

i think alot has to do with:

1. how they are prepped (no im not blaming you, just saying :lol:)

2, how the client treats their nails after they have left the salon/nail tech

3. are they pickers/biters

4. condition of natural nails

i have some clients that come for rebalance, after 3/4 weeks and even i cant see the "join" or whether they actually need a rebalance (apart from the apex placement) :lol: then i get others that come after 10 days with alot of lifting - all my clients are prepped the same way. so maybe its just down to the natural nailbed flowerpot. i actually have 1 client that gets lifting within 24 hours (very oily nailbeds) and no matter how i prep them, with the nailfresh, primer etc, they still wont last past 24 hours.

i put nails on my own nails, nearly 3 weeks ago and i still cant see the "join", unfortunately i have to take them off next sunday, as im going into hospital - bummer or what :eek::lol:

seems odd that she should get lifting on both thumbs now after being problem free...is it gel or L&P...?

L & P

i know thats what i thought ! will see what happens next time i guess......

It does seem odd that she's got lifting on her thumbs . . . do you do gel? In which case do you leave the thumbs till last? If so, is she fingering the prepped area on the thumbs with her fingers before you get to them? just a thought, sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree . . . :lol: but that would put oils from her fingers onto the thumbs . . . hope you sort it, any road

Hi Angie

i do have a few clients that come back with slight lifting others with more others with none . what made me ask was yesterday i had an appointment with a regular client who mantains her nails very well , actually she never has any lifting after three weeks . Yesterday both her thumbs had lifted around the cuticle area . she asked me what i had done differently on previous appointment which of course was nothing . That got me wondering .......

thanks for all the replies fellow geeks xxx

I have a client that only lifts on her thumbs also, all of her nails grow through paperthin, thats why she got her nails done in the first place, we have both learned to accept her thumbs.

Is it gel? My lamp has lights on the side so it SHOULD cure the thumbs, but with one client I find I have to have her put her thumbs in separately facing directly up. That fixed the problem. I guess it depends on how their hand sits in the lamp and what type of lamp it is.

No its L&P

im hoping that this will not be the case by her next appointment !

Latest posts

Back