How many packets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainoig

Reaction score
i did a set of foils yesterday all blond me with 30 vol by shwartzkof i weved around the hairline and sliced up the back as it had been 8/9 mnths since a full head was done . the thing is i really am not comfortable havig to many pks on the head i try to stick to around 75 . i was off today and my client wanted to change the toner so her old stylist took her today . but instead of just doing the toner he put another scattered half head through her hair 30xtra pks
client history was last three times half heads wer done bleached highlights and tone with 11;02 evolotion hilift as a toner again not something i would do
shes a base between 6 and 7 boss calls me today says ladys highlights had to be redone because they wern''t close enough to the root all around the obsipical bone . i asked how were they around her hair line and parting she said perfect its just ( he who shalll not be named) noticed the 'problem'' during his consultation . Now in my humble opinion when a woman is trying to get away from having lowlightss in her hair and just trying to use her natural colour as the darker medium who is also letting grow for her wedding in feb 2021 does she really need another 30 pks of bleach and 30vol 24 hours later the reason for the toner so many times before it wasnt brought up to pale yellow in the pks and the solution for that was use a high lift tint as a toner at the basin effectively chemically treating every strand of hair on her head. So not a full head of highlights but a full head highlift tint with a full head of foils over 100pks now just done in reverse
and shes coming in again tomorrow to have another toner put on . my boss who is a beauty therapiist asked me why were the highlights not the same as she usually gets becaause my ones make her old ones look brassy . any thoughts guys?????

i did a set of foils yesterday all blond me with 30 vol by shwartzkof i weved around the hairline and sliced up the back as it had been 8/9 mnths since a full head was done . the thing is i really am not comfortable havig to many pks on the head i try to stick to around 75 . i was off today and my client wanted to change the toner so her old stylist took her today . but instead of just doing the toner he put another scattered half head through her hair 30xtra pks
client history was last three times half heads wer done bleached highlights and tone with 11;02 evolotion hilift as a toner again not something i would do
shes a base between 6 and 7 boss calls me today says ladys highlights had to be redone because they wern''t close enough to the root all around the obsipical bone . i asked how were they around her hair line and parting she said perfect its just ( he who shalll not be named) noticed the 'problem'' during his consultation . Now in my humble opinion when a woman is trying to get away from having lowlightss in her hair and just trying to use her natural colour as the darker medium who is also letting grow for her wedding in feb 2021 does she really need another 30 pks of bleach and 30vol 24 hours later the reason for the toner so many times before it wasnt brought up to pale yellow in the pks and the solution for that was use a high lift tint as a toner at the basin effectively chemically treating every strand of hair on her head. So not a full head of highlights but a full head highlift tint with a full head of foils over 100pks now just done in reverse
and shes coming in again tomorrow to have another toner put on . my boss who is a beauty therapiist asked me why were the highlights not the same as she usually gets becaause my ones make her old ones look brassy . any thoughts guys?????
I'm extremely confused, but all I know is, if the client didn't want extra highlights she would have said. Toning with a Highlift tint, isn't a good idea at all, especially as your main concern is the condition of the hair. I never count my packets. My clients get what their hair needs to achieve the desired result. Different people grown different amounts of hair on their heads.

I am the same as ronray I am very confused. Again I also have to say that I never count how many foils I put in a client's hair

I'm extremely confused, but all I know is, if the client didn't want extra highlights she would have said. Toning with a Highlift tint, isn't a good idea at all, especially as your main concern is the condition of the hair. I never count my packets. My clients get what their hair needs to achieve the desired result. Different people grown different amounts of hair on their heads.
Where are you confused exactly Heads can only be so big or small foils count is not the main topic here its not about the price per packet either it's about to much colour in to many packets oxidising on the head and creating their own heat damaging it 100% my concern is condition .
you do realise that if we don't do exactly what it says on the packet by that i mean using it for purposes stated by the manufacturer we are liable she didn't want i and most certainly didnt need it . is having so many highlight /lowlights/whateverthebuzzphraseisatm.com that there is barely a single strand of her own natural hair left on her pretty perfect and average sized the answer to the request that she wants t use her natural colour as the background or low lite in her hair . is that a fair thing t do to a girl working 9 to 5 getting married has already booked he wedding and let us know what she wants . in my opinion you could read the thread again Your not getting my point

I am the same as ronray I am very confused. Again I also have to say that I never count how many foils I put in a client's hair
Again not about foil count

Where are you confused exactly Heads can only be so big or small foils count is not the main topic here its not about the price per packet either it's about to much colour in to many packets oxidising on the head and creating their own heat damaging it 100% my concern is condition .
you do realise that if we don't do exactly what it says on the packet by that i mean using it for purposes stated by the manufacturer we are liable she didn't want i and most certainly didnt need it . is having so many highlight /lowlights/whateverthebuzzphraseisatm.com that there is barely a single strand of her own natural hair left on her pretty perfect and average sized the answer to the request that she wants t use her natural colour as the background or low lite in her hair . is that a fair thing t do to a girl working 9 to 5 getting married has already booked he wedding and let us know what she wants . in my opinion you could read the thread again Your not getting my point
Trust me I read it more than once, it's not extremely clear what you're asking. I'm here to help you, not offend you. Let's not start off on the wrong foot. What I understand from your posts, is that the client came back for some reason after you highlighted her hair, the stylist who did the consultation didn't think the highlights you done were close enough to the root. So he added more. Then toned the hair?
If this isn't what the client wanted why did she go back? If she was happy with the highlights surely she would have told the stylist "I'm happy with my highlights, I'm not sure it needs highlighting again, becaue I want to keep my natural colour running through it like I explained to.... (you)" are you annoyed with the other stylist for interfering?

yeah that would be accurate to say i'm annoyed with that stylist back stabbing and undermining in a hairdressing team is a bit low rent .but there so many things wrong here not just one point im trying to make . sorry for coming across snappy i feel like that girl was ripped off and now after spending the guts of a year trying to get it right for her vision for her day. her hair is very dry oon tp and the sides have clear signs of breakage from colour . she a let it dry natural with a bit of kind of girl but when he was taking his before and after shots her combed her hair straight down the middle clipped it into two sections and showed her with a back mirror and took pictures of where at her bone her highlights wern't close enough t the root in his opinion . there are no after shots of that area unfortunately he must have forgot or something i suppose ill have to wait till she comes again

So did the client feel like this was the case too? I don't understand why the client wouldn't have said anything. Is this particular stylist quite a big personality? Do you think maybe the client was intimidated a little, and just felt like she had no choice but to go along with what said stylist was recommending?
Why is she having it toned again? After a second highlights and toner?
If the client prefers her hair now, then unfortunately that's something you will just have to accept. But if the client preferred what you did, and didn't want the stylist to re highlight, then that needs to be addressed.
Next time you see your client, try not to treat them any different and just apologise. This will go a lot further than avoiding the topic altogether.
Has anything been mentioned to you about it since?

Last edited:
the whole thing seems to be revolving around this rising trend or belief that clients believe their higlghts should have or are much better with a toner . i didnt put a toner on her hair i just used a purple shampoo she she coulnt tell at the time r when she made the app to come back in to be sure if it needed a toner or not and she said is it better with a toner or not it s she always got a toner and why doesnt she need one now and wanded him to have a look . i suppose it like you try on a new look in a shop and you ask the shop assistant what does she think from her perspective .

omg RONRAY . now im doing it too only reading half of your message before responding ] im gonna spell it out for you . shes one of those clients who hasnt a clue what looks good and is completely relys on her hairdresser to tell her . and he f')&%kin used her insicurity to his advantage to undermine me get extra money from her and and get her back into his colum by slating my work stop responding to this thread your obviously money driven like he is im n longer interested in yur opinion

I have to step in and say Ronray is one of the most helpful geeks on here. Definitely not money driven!

nice of you to step in with a useless comment i guessing your both missing the point too or trying to change the narrative

I too am no longer interested, you're a very angry person, and can't seem to see when people are trying to help. Please don't try and patronise me, Or any other member of this site, you came here asking for our help! I was only trying to get a better understanding of the situation. I am not a mind reader, you know the situation better than I do, hence all the questions.

WOW....if this is the way you behave with everybody no wonder your clients are leaving you....sounds like she had a lucky escape [emoji1303]

I'm not missing the point. All I'm seeing is that you basically didnt get the reply you wanted you you've spat your dummy out.

omg RONRAY . now im doing it too only reading half of your message before responding ] im gonna spell it out for you . shes one of those clients who hasnt a clue what looks good and is completely relys on her hairdresser to tell her . and he f')&%kin used her insicurity to his advantage to undermine me get extra money from her and and get her back into his colum by slating my work stop responding to this thread your obviously money driven like he is im n longer interested in yur opinion

Obviously, we’ve all had days where we need to let off steam and have a moan, but it’s like you walked into the break room and just exploded with a long angry rant about your client, your boss and your co-worker, without pausing for breath.

It’s really not clear if you’re posting asking for advice on a particular issue or just want to let off steam?
Either is fine but if you’re asking for help with a particular issue, then writing in shorter sentences and staying on topic will help the reader to follow your post. For instance, if you just want advice about a toning issue, then ask about that and leave out the unnecessary info. about the client getting married in a years time, as it’s not relevant to the problem of toning bleach highlights.

However, re-reading your post again leaves me wondering if it’s more about feeling undermined by your boss and your co-worker?

If you need support and practical suggestions as to how to talk to your boss (and your colleague) so that they listen to you, I’ll be happy to help.

Final thoughts for now.
Please don’t lash out at fellow geeks who are only trying to help you. Emotional angry outbursts never solved anything and excessive rudeness will lead to a ban.

Don’t respond to posts when you are feeling tense.
(Try relaxing your shoulders and your hands. If your shoulders were hunched, or your hands in fists, you are probably too tense.)
Go for a walk/do some deep breathing for 5 minutes etc. to help you relax and come back when you’re feeling much calmer.

Latest posts

Back