How many polishes did you start off with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie3384

Reaction score
I am very excited to be starting out on my little venture. I've got my shellac stuff through, and it came with 12 different polishes. I feel like I want to buy some more to have a bit more variety. What are popular ones that you would recommend having?

I've got these so far:

Field Fox
Satin Pajamas
Candied
Hot Pop Pink
Tropix
Dreamcatcher
Company Red
Creekside
Midnight Swim
Decadence
Fedora
Black Pool

I think I need to get some French polish colours, so was thinking of studio white and clearly pink. And then ice vapour for some sparkles. Thought rose bud might be nice too. But any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, x

Hiya Blondie,
I recently started my journey in the nail world as well and here is the things I bought before getting my first client.

Shellac base, shinny and matte top coat.
Basic colors:
Red
Light Pink
French pink
White
Black
A few nudes
Dark purple
Dark emerald green
Mustard
Dark blue

I had also purchased some extra brushes and a glass tray where I would mix the colors to my client's liking, after all they knew I was just starting out. I still use that method.

I was also very aware of my collection being to small and that's why I invested in powders like mirrors and mermaids as well as loose glitters and foils.

If I have any advice that would be to invest in solid colors and no metallics or glitter polishes just yet since you can get away with the powders and loose glitters ^^

Hope this helps

Thanks. It's so hard not to get carried away. I am about to put another order into bring my total up to about 25 polishes but then I have quite a lot of glitters and foils, so plenty of choice. I guess time will tell which are popular colours and which ones I will probably not repurchase!

Have an eye out for new nail trends and fashion shows besides the classics ^^ Allure is a magazine always following nail trends and I'm sure you will find many others do as well.

Nude knickers and asphalt are quite popular too.

Nude knickers and asphalt are quite popular too.

I have satin pyjamas and field fox. If I get nude knickers too, do you think that's enough variety for nudes or are there any others? I know they've got a nude collection out at the moment, but if I already have some good staples, I don't see the point in investing in that particular collection.

No I don’t think there’s any need to purchase the set. Although the Yes, I Do bridal set is lovely. I could spend a fortune

No I don’t think there’s any need to purchase the set. Although the Yes, I Do bridal set is lovely. I could spend a fortune

God, I know. It's so addictive. Need to put business head on and stop spending money!

I am very excited to be starting out on my little venture. I've got my shellac stuff through, and it came with 12 different polishes. I feel like I want to buy some more to have a bit more variety. What are popular ones that you would recommend having?

I've got these so far:

Field Fox
Satin Pajamas
Candied
Hot Pop Pink
Tropix
Dreamcatcher
Company Red
Creekside
Midnight Swim
Decadence
Fedora
Black Pool

I think I need to get some French polish colours, so was thinking of studio white and clearly pink. And then ice vapour for some sparkles. Thought rose bud might be nice too. But any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, x
I would defo add Masquerade, Rose Bud, Psychedelic, Tundra, Unlocked, Mystic Slate. Probably Beau and cream puff for a french.

Gosh there are so many favourites x

I would also get some Lecente glitters as you can create so much more with what you have got [emoji4] x

Latest posts

Back