How many rows of pre bonded/micro ring extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantelle1991

Reaction score
Hello , I was just wondering how many rows you fit in when you do a full head of Micro Fusion or Micro Ring Extensions?

I got taught to leave an inch at the bottom and then around a inch between each row (obviously round the hair line too) but I find that I am left with lots of hair (I know its normally around 200 for full head depending on clients hair thickness etc)

I also find that the hair feels quite fine after - all my clients so far have had quite fine natural hair anyway so they have still blended really well, looked natural still and my clients where 100% happy - but I have a client coming up with thicker hair - I have started to add more rows in to thicken it up.

Another thing I only seem to be getting 2/3 rows in the sides and I think it just looks really fine still.

How many rows would you fit in in the backs and the sides? and how much of a gap between each row?
I read a thread on here some where, where some geeks where saying they manage to fit in between 150- 180 bonds?? I dont get any where near this amount in! :sad::o

Id just really like some advise on how to make my clients hair feel a look thicker - after all that is why most of them have them fitted.

Thank you :D x

Hi I was was tough not to leave any space between row for a full head ,i use about a 150 0.8g bonds. I would say 3 row at the side is normal :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

That makes sence :)
just when your new to something you kind of follow what youve been told but thank you will deffinatly start that :) x

I also leave gaps, but then I fill them out with leftover hair. I don't leave gaps between rows at the side as this makes it look sparse. I prefer to keep the rows together. I do around 3 at the sides, maybe 4 -5 at the back. I don't leave spaces between each extension either xxx

I dont leave gaps between each bond in the row either, just between rows :) I manage to get around 4-5 rows at the back too but I feel that when I do have clients with thicker hair it wont be enough, will deffinatly stop leaving gaps on back & sides, thank you so much for your reply xxx

I always leave a inch or so around the hair line so all bonds are hidden when my client ties their hair up!
I do around 4 rows then leave a gap and so a solid row and two scattered rows... Then I fill in the gaps when I do a maintenance check 6-8 weeks :)
Roughly 3 solid rows at side and one or two scattered!

I always ensure theres a gap around the edge too so the bonds cant be seen, :) I think its the worst thing when you can see peoples bonds! but thats a good idea - the solid rows and the scatered! Thank you so much x

Yes of course always leave enough hair out around the hair line to cover :-D

Thank you geeks much appreciated :)
whilst were here has anyone got any tips on blending thicker hair?
:D xx

Is there any chance any one could post photos to give me an idea has I have just qualified please x

I put them in side by side and do not leave a gap between rows at the sides I sometimes leave a gap between rows at the back it depends in the hair and effect the client wants xx

When I
Trained they told us to leave a tail comb width between each row but I don't see how I could fit the right amount of rows to add thickness x would u suggest I do the rows directly above each other also when I have been looking in the Internet they say to stagger the bonds like bruckwork is that right or put them
Side by side x

What thay mean by brick work is your row will be side by side but the row above your sections will be where your brick works starts its really hard to explain ,ok imagine an brick wall each brick is going to be an individual extension .

But I will say I have my concerns about your training not being great.:-D

When I
Trained they told us to leave a tail comb width between each row but I don't see how I could fit the right amount of rows to add thickness x would u suggest I do the rows directly above each other also when I have been looking in the Internet they say to stagger the bonds like bruckwork is that right or put them
Side by side x

I wouldn't leave a tail comb width, you wouldn't get thickness. Who did you train with?

Belle hair extensions how much would u leave between each row x

I trained with Belle too.. The reason you need to leave a space between each row is so the bonds dont get tangled and matted together..It takes practice but prob leave a bit less than a comb width. depending on size of head and thickness of hair x

I also trained with Belle - to be honest there crap but aslong as you took in the basics you ll be fine. they told our group to leave a tail comb width apart too which is why I was finding the hair wasnt very thick so i started putting them closer together anyway but I listented to the girls on here about putting them directly on top of each other and you could deffinatly see a difference! xx

So they go directly above each other ??? How many bonds do u normally use Hun x

Before following Bella s way lol i was only
Getting around 80-100 maybe lukily they all
Had fine hair - the one I had other day i put
Directly ontop of each other and must of used around
180 and even though the client had thicker
Hair anyway i could deffinatly feel a difference.

Aslong as your sections are neat obviously
It was fine , maybe thats why they said to leave a gap
To avoid any matting?

How did you find the course hun ? X

:p I trained with Belle. I loved the course but could have been doing with another day perhaps. didnt get much time to practice. im def not confident in cutting so always advise my clients to book an appointment at their own hairdressers to get them cut in properly. At first i could only manage 120 for a full head...now im an easy 200 :p and i just leave a small space between rows x

Latest posts

Back