How many sets do you get from Cuccio gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samcarms

Reaction score
Hi, I've just qualified in gel nails. I'm using Cuccio as a quality budget brand and Gelish as premium. My question is how many sets you can get out of a Cuccio bottle? I've read 60 in Gelish, I'm budgeting for 50 (40 for ones that need 3 coats)
Many thanks for any help you can provide

Off the top of my head I think cuccio is around 40 sets. Naturally there are the variables :-
Toes use hardly any
Shimmers need 3 coats as do pale colours - i do my coats thinly.
Customer service team in Nottingham have very helpful staff for trouble shooting and they can tell you. look them up online .

Thank you, I was hoping for 30 - 40 so happy with that. I've found the shimmers need more, I only have 20 colours so far but looking forward to adding more

Are you stirring them very thoroughly before use each time?
I’ve used Cuccio for several years and only ever used 2 coats for full coverage with the exceptions of a couple of sheer shimmers I use over another colour.
I do use a polish shaker though just to save time and mess

Are you stirring them very thoroughly before use each time?
I’ve used Cuccio for several years and only ever used 2 coats for full coverage with the exceptions of a couple of sheer shimmers I use over another colour.
I do use a polish shaker though just to save time and mess
Thank you, no I’m not stirring them thoroughly, I will start too now, yes it’s a very shimmery one that needed the extra coat but I think using over another colour would be best. I’m only practicing at the moment luckily. I’m going to get some ASP signature ones from Sally’s as on offer and a couple of gelish to see the difference

Thankyou Ciderella, I forgot to mention about the stirrer , cuccio is very different to gelish .
I stir with the metal stirrer , haven't invested in a polish shaker yet. Are they expensive and where would you recommend to get one from please?
I do waste some gel on the stirrer and it takes a while out of the service time , and it is messy and wasteful of the product.
Often I do use a creme shade as close to the shimmer colour as a base to improve coverage.
I wouldn't get any other brand for now - those two should be enough.
(Alan Howard stores have vat free this monday if you have one nearby- They sell cuccio )
HTH

Thank you, no I’m not stirring them thoroughly, I will start too now, yes it’s a very shimmery one that needed the extra coat but I think using over another colour would be best. I’m only practicing at the moment luckily. I’m going to get some ASP signature ones from Sally’s as on offer and a couple of gelish to see the difference

I wouldn't bother buying any ASP gel polish as it's made by Cuccio as well and I find it more wish-washy than Cuccio Veneer.
Strangely, I seem to have the opposite problem to the rest of you Cuccio users and I find the shimmery colours I have usually cover in 2 coats, but the majority of the other colours need 3 coats, despite shaking and stirring really thoroughly! I find the consistency thinner than the other 2 brands I use (INK London and The Gel Bottle), but it lasts really well when it's applied.

Even if you have to apply 3 coats it's still pretty good value for money since they reduced the Bottle prices last year and it also has a 3 year shelf life, so I've got a few colours that aren't chosen as often as I know they'll be ok sat on the shelf. (I also like the little mini bottles they do in the collections). It's annoying that often having to apply 3 coats adds extra time to the service though :(

I wouldn't bother buying any ASP gel polish as it's made by Cuccio as well and I find it more wish-washy than Cuccio Veneer.
Strangely, I seem to have the opposite problem to the rest of you Cuccio users and I find the shimmery colours I have usually cover in 2 coats, but the majority of the other colours need 3 coats, despite shaking and stirring really thoroughly! I find the consistency thinner than the other 2 brands I use (INK London and The Gel Bottle), but it lasts really well when it's applied.

Even if you have to apply 3 coats it's still pretty good value for money since they reduced the Bottle prices last year and it also has a 3 year shelf life, so I've got a few colours that aren't chosen as often as I know they'll be ok sat on the shelf. (I also like the little mini bottles they do in the collections). It's annoying that often having to apply 3 coats adds extra time to the service though :(

I’m the opposite, I tried an ink starter kit and needed 3 coats for coverage and The Gel Bottle has amazing coverage.

I can only go on my own experience with Cuccio and until I tried The Gel Bottle it was my favourite.

I understand your comment re service time though and that’s why I dismissed ink London straight away. I need 2 coats max

I’m the opposite, I tried an ink starter kit and needed 3 coats for coverage and The Gel Bottle has amazing coverage.

I can only go on my own experience with Cuccio and until I tried The Gel Bottle it was my favourite.

I understand your comment re service time though and that’s why I dismissed ink London straight away. I need 2 coats max

I remember you saying that about INK. It's strange we've had opposite problems isn't it?! I agree about TGB's coverage, and it really does last doesn't it?

Your suggestion of a polish shaker is tempting. Do you find you still need to stir as well?

Thank you so much ladies, I am so grateful for all the replies. I now have so many more questions! A couple of you have mentioned The Gel Bottle, can I ask is the builder in a bottle good for extensions? I’m getting asked to do extensions but the people on the courses with me say it’s taking them 2-3 hours per set! I want to get practice in on my practice hand and family but want to start with good quality products to give the best possible service!

I remember you saying that about INK. It's strange we've had opposite problems isn't it?! I agree about TGB's coverage, and it really does last doesn't it?

Your suggestion of a polish shaker is tempting. Do you find you still need to stir as well?

I bought the OPI Pro shaker and def don’t need to stir afterwards. I couldn’t believe how much glitter and pigment was sitting at the bottom of the bottles.

Thank you so much ladies, I am so grateful for all the replies. I now have so many more questions! A couple of you have mentioned The Gel Bottle, can I ask is the builder in a bottle good for extensions? I’m getting asked to do extensions but the people on the courses with me say it’s taking them 2-3 hours per set! I want to get practice in on my practice hand and family but want to start with good quality products to give the best possible service!

It is a great product but I find it can give a heat spike

I bought the OPI Pro shaker and def don’t need to stir afterwards. I couldn’t believe how much glitter and pigment was sitting at the bottom of the bottles.

I'm very tempted as I feel quite a lot of product is wasted on the stirring stick, even though intry and scrape it all back in the bottle!

I'm using Builder in a Bottle (BIAB) on most my extension clients as they don't have really long extensions. I've pretty much eliminated the heat spike by using the low heat setting in TGB lamp. (New clients are more prone to it if they come in with thin, damaged nails). It's strong and lasts really well and rarely lifts

Latest posts

Back