How many special requests?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figaro

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many requests you get for unusual or special nails? Or are your clients mainly after natural looking or basic French?

All natural or French here, unless I can sway them towards my extensive glitter collection. They often message me with pictures of nails they like but bottle out when it comes to their appointment .

Mine usually want glitters, Swarovski crystals, different designs on each nail etc.
I rarely get asked for French and the occasional one colour gel polish but not that often.

Oh I got asked for Frozen nails (I'd done a blue and white design at Xmas) but she'd also like a blue hand painted tractor on one nail of each hand as she's doing a charity tractor challenge so I'm practicing painting tractors now lol.

I'm so lucky that I have always had a collection of funky & adventurous ladies :)

My fave one had to be my friends mum, 60 years old in a biker jacket & boots with a neon blue pixie cut <3

A lot start out wanting a plain colour, but like Trinity says- as soon as they see the glitters they either go full coverage or at least a fade. Xx

The majority of my clients choose one colour or French, sometimes coloured tips instead of white. Ive a handful who like a bit of nail art but it's the exception rather than the rule

Ive been doing my old neighbours nails recently.

She is a picker BUT only if she has a chip etc. So i suggested acrylic to stop her picking.

She asks me to purposely do them "a bit uneven" round the free edge so they dont look "too perfect" as she doesnt like it when theyre all the same

She asks me to purposely do them "a bit uneven" round the free edge so they dont look "too perfect" as she doesnt like it when theyre all the same

Lol
Talk about the natural look! I've never had that request [emoji2]

The majority of my clients choose one colour or French, sometimes coloured tips instead of white. Ive a handful who like a bit of nail art but it's the exception rather than the rule
Same

Haha I got someone ring up for tomorrow the other week, she wants a set of Rasta themed nails excited to see where that appointment takes us

Ive been doing my old neighbours nails recently.

She is a picker BUT only if she has a chip etc. So i suggested acrylic to stop her picking.

......what a ridiculous request! I'm too programmed to make them look perfectly manicured!!!

I only have 2 clients who have plain polish or French. The rest are great fun and quite adventurous. Many of my ladies are converted glitter fairies and loads love stamping. I've just started advanced stamping which takes a bit more time but the results are amazing - especially useful as I have no artistic talent to speak of

......what a ridiculous request! I'm too programmed to make them look perfectly manicured!!!

Id appreciate if you didnt call my client and someone ive known for 20 years ridiculous. Yes its a bit different but shes one of the nicest women you could meet. She is certainly not being ridiculous.

Id appreciate if you didnt call my client and someone ive known for 20 years ridiculous. Yes its a bit different but shes one of the nicest women you could meet. She is certainly not being ridiculous.

I didn't call her ridiculous! I called the request ridiculous, then followed it up with "I'm too programmed to do such a thing!" (It's called tongue in cheek!) maybe one of these would help!? [emoji12]

I didn't call her ridiculous! I called the request ridiculous, then followed it up with "I'm too programmed to do such a thing!" (It's called tongue in cheek!) maybe one of these would help!? [emoji12]

That's how I read it anyway [emoji5]️

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back