How many strips do you do? Hollywood wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinker bell

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am starting to build up a good regular intimate wax client base,

I am seeing great results from my work,

Tonight I have been to see a client and I was amazed at how little hair she had after 5 weeks from when I last waxed her.

And they are finding it less painful each time.

My question is..... Do you know actually how many strips you are doing? I still can't seem to reduce the number of strips I am doing to complete the service.

I know my technique but I seem to split it up so one section ends up 3.

I have problems being left handed and really struggle to twist my spat sometimes to use all the wax on it and get into areas so I end up doing another small bit to cover what I should have done in one.

Also I am noticing the difference in workability of my wax in different locations, so having to adjust here and there.

Can anyone offer any advice re no of strips, I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many I'm using [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85], but getting hair free result with no discomfort so I suppose I'm doing something right.

Hi,

So I am starting to build up a good regular intimate wax client base,

I am seeing great results from my work,

Tonight I have been to see a client and I was amazed at how little hair she had after 5 weeks from when I last waxed her.

And they are finding it less painful each time.

My question is..... Do you know actually how many strips you are doing? I still can't seem to reduce the number of strips I am doing to complete the service.

I know my technique but I seem to split it up so one section ends up 3.

I have problems being left handed and really struggle to twist my spat sometimes to use all the wax on it and get into areas so I end up doing another small bit to cover what I should have done in one.

Also I am noticing the difference in workability of my wax in different locations, so having to adjust here and there.

Can anyone offer any advice re no of strips, I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many I'm using [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85], but getting hair free result with no discomfort so I suppose I'm doing something right.

It varies so much from client to client as to the number of strips I use and I'm sure that's the same for most of us.. If you are happy with the length of time that your treatments takes , plus your clients are coming back and commenting that's it's a comfortable experience then that's great...

I can imagine that being left handed can make some areas a bit more difficult for you which probably increases the amount of wax strips..

You will notice as times goes on you will use less products and less strips of wax!

Hiya. When you say 'strips' I'm assuming (hoping) that you mean strips of hot wax?

A little tip is to turn your spatula away from you if you're left handed and towards you if you're right handed. When you apply the wax scrape it on and don't tilt your spatula downwards as you'll run out of wax.

Be methodical and have a plan. Work in the same pattern every time and you'll get faster.

As for being left handed, have your trolley to the right of you and your clients head to the right of you.

HTH's.

Latest posts

Back