How many times can you re tip/bond extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Just fitted a clients hair with dark brown #2 beauty works boned extensions. Told her the bonds will be taken out after 3-4 months. She asked how many times they can be retipped as they lasted her a year last time. I know you can retip bonds but is there like a number of times you can re bond them? As if she did want them for a year they would be re tipped 3 or 4 times and I didn't know if you can do that.
Another extensionist I spoke to said she dosnt bother re tipping them if they have only been once she just puts them back in and said there will still be enough keratin left on them to make another bond without re tipping them. Has anyone done that?

We do re tip our virgin Russian hair, this hair last up to 2 years.

Just fitted a clients hair with dark brown #2 beauty works boned extensions. Told her the bonds will be taken out after 3-4 months. She asked how many times they can be retipped as they lasted her a year last time. I know you can retip bonds but is there like a number of times you can re bond them? As if she did want them for a year they would be re tipped 3 or 4 times and I didn't know if you can do that.
Another extensionist I spoke to said she dosnt bother re tipping them if they have only been once she just puts them back in and said there will still be enough keratin left on them to make another bond without re tipping them. Has anyone done that?
I didn't think you could re tip without adding fresh keratin as the bond wouldn't be secure enough xx

Latest posts

Back