how many times do you wipe your brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
on my cnd training i was tought to dip my brush into the monomer and wipe once on each side, this was using the pro styler that came in our kit. since then i have purchased the ultra sculpter and am always tempted to wipe it 2 to 3 times on each side! so would like to know all of you out there that use the ultra sculpter how many times do you wipe!!!!!!!! thanks xx

Every one wipes there brush a different amount of times as we all are heavier or lighter handed than each other,
if you know what your bead should look like and do the test to see how much it settles and domes when placed on a tip or form you can work it out from that
wipe it as many times as you need to just make sure you get your mix ratio correct hth,
when i do a tiny nail i wipe 3 or 4 times but if doing a larger nail only wipe twice

when i was cnd trained i was taught to never wipe my brush wonder why its taught differently?.:lol:

when i was cnd trained i was taught to never wipe my brush wonder why its taught differently?.:lol:
i was tought never to wipe my brush while working but i meant wiping my brush on the side of my pot with the monomer in after i have dipped my brush in it and before i pick up my bead x

i was tought never to wipe my brush while working but i meant wiping my brush on the side of my pot with the monomer in after i have dipped my brush in it and before i pick up my bead x
Doh! what a dummy!( i am not you!):)

I dont have an ultra sculptor, thought about getting one are they good? I use a pro styler or ezflow 508 for bigger nail beds. I normally wipe a couple for large beads, maybe three or four for medium and fiveish for dinky beads, i dont put a lot of pressure in my brush i guess i wipe more . :)

The amount of times you wipe your brush on the side of your dappen dish really does depend on the size of bead you want to pick up at the correct ratio....... it varies every time from nail bed to nail bed (for pink) and length of free edge for your whites....do a search, there is a really good tutorial on here about how to practice picking up beads and the number of times you should wipe....

eventually it comes as second nature....honest!

i tend to wipe once on each side then half a wipe on first side (no matter what brush im using) - hope that made sense - it also depends on how big of a bead you want tho, as there are different ways of "wiping" for different size beads flower

hth

bugger - me and cathie posted same time i think - and ive repeated her

i tend to wipe once on each side then half a wipe on first side (no matter what brush im using) - hope that made sense - it also depends on how big of a bead you want tho, as there are different ways of "wiping" for different size beads flower

hth

bugger - me and cathie posted same time i think - and ive repeated her
so there are different ways of wiping???? now i am confused! :confused::confused:

I wouldn't say so much as different ways of wiping butmore so the pressure apply to your brush on the side of the dappen dish....more pressure will equal more liquid being dispelled from the brush hence a smaller bead and on the converse, a gentle wipe will equal more monomer in the brush and a resulting larger bead....I'll go and see if I can find a link to the tut I was on about.

Here it is!

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/8912-product-control-part-1-mix-ratio.html

so there are different ways of wiping???? now i am confused! :confused::confused:

sorry flower - ive worded that wrong.
ill try and explain abit better

for a small bead - burp your brush, then with light pressure, wipe your brush on side of dappen dish from the ferrule to the flag of your brush x 2 on each side (then from belly to flag on first side of brush)

medium size bead - belly to flag x 2 both sides of brush, then again on first side

large bead - x 1 on each side of brush

as i said i only swipe x 1 on each side (ferrule to flag) then belly to flag on first side, its my pressure i alter, so that i would get the same consistency as you would doing the first way

hth flower

Everybody does it differently though.

Latest posts

Back