How many times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura grant

Reaction score
how many times a month or year do you or your staff get ill or have time off.
what is the main causes
my main causes for staff is usually sickness bugs whats yours and our staffs.
and also do you tend to catch everything that your customers have. this is just a little survey really thanx in advance
laura at ooh~la~lashes

It's so funny you've posted this Laura as I've woken up this morning with a raging cold! :(

I'm a sole trader and in the last 2 years I've probably had to cancel appointments due to sickness (mainly colds & one bout of flu) approx 4/5 times.

I try to soldier on if possible, however I wouldn't want to go spreading it around to my poor clients!

I've never caught a sickness bug from any of them but I'd like to think they'd cancel their appt if they knew they were poorly sick :)

What I find is that it is usually the same members of staff who are off sick a lot. One of mine has tummy bug so often that I think she must eat out of dustbins! Part time staff are generally worse than full timers.
Personally I have not had a day off sick for 15 years. I have a fantastic immune system due to being around the public.

I think some people are maybe just prone to catching the common flu, stomach bugs etc. I've got a great immune system so rarely get sick. When I was manager you could tell the ones who were bluffing, always sick at weekends or only off for one day after the 'flu' lol, there was always a pattern in how often they would be off sick e.g every 6 weeks:green:

I think some people are maybe just prone to catching the common flu, stomach bugs etc. I've got a great immune system so rarely get sick. When I was manager you could tell the ones who were bluffing, always sick at weekends or only off for one day after the 'flu' lol, there was always a pattern in how often they would be off sick e.g every 6 weeks:green:

Alot of staff at my old job used to suffer with Monday-itus ;0)

we have sooo many staff that pull 'sickys' and its just so obvious!
I suffer with severe migraines about once a month so I generally only ever have time off if one of them hits, always hope it falls on my day off but not always so lucky.
luckily my boss is really understanding as doctors are useless on this issue!

Latest posts

Back