How many towels??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
I'm setting up my own room in a hair salon & am not sure how many towels I should buy? Random question I know but I'd rather have enough towels so I can wash them all at the weekend & have enough fresh towels for each client rather than just a few and having to wash them everyday!

Well, it depends on what services you use towels for and how many towels per service. Also how many of that treatment you perform in one week.

Some weeks i'll use hardly any towels because i'm simply inundated with waxing. Other weeks it will be all facials and i use 3 towels per facial.

I put mine in a laundry bag and wash them when full. I have 6-8 towels for my hot steam towel cabinet, and about 10 hand towels and 10 large towels xx

I have black towels for waxing from majestic - about 10 and about 6 towels for facials - picked up some lovely ones from primark x

I bought all my towels from dunelm. We have about 20 hand towels and 10 med towels and 8 bath sheets. I have some flat sheets aswell. Facials and massage uses the most towels x

I would start out with the numbers that Jemima has suggested, dont know what everyone else does but I have each size a different colour, black bath towels, dark grey for mid size and turquoise hand towels, then you can grab the size you want without thinking about it and makes it easier putting them away after washing. If you plan on doing manicures and pedicures then these should be a different colour from your waxing/beauty treatment towels...I got mine from Ikea and the quality is fab and they really werent expensive and they do some fab colours so you can colour coordinate with your room xxxx

It depends on the type of treatments you will be doing and also on the amount of storage space you will have. Also, do you plan to wash them in the salon, at home or at a launderette?

Have you considered disposable towels? They are usually more compact then cotton towels and you can order as you need them. They should also save you money on your laundry bill and save you time.

This is a great question of how many towels. People are always wanting more for less work in the end via washing them on your own time. While i am in agreement of the above comments, I recommend you get different colors for the different applications you are performing. In addition, there is a new product out called Soft Landings Towels. (yes, it's mine). But I think the question is how much time and effort will it take to wash your towels vs you using the towels as a base with a disposable one on top to use and then dispose of.

You would have to play around with what works best but i know that in the nails industry, you almost never have to wash that many towels. For esthetician and waxing, give it a shot. Try and see what works. Sweet Squared has the towels for sale. They also give free samples. Please let me know what you discover. I'm all for networking and educating.

Hugs and softness,

Kathy

Latest posts

Back