How many will I lose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Gemma*

Reaction score
Hi Peeps

After much thought and temper tantrums from me. I have tried to avoid this for 20 years, in less than 2 weeks I go into hospital for major back surgery.

Of course I have started telling my clients, I only work part time at nails, evenings etc but it is my escape and I love it. I wont be able to drive for 6 weeks after I have had this done and maybe longer because I thought I was clever a while back and bought myself a nice low sporty car! lol

Do you think I will lose my clients that I have? The thopught of starting all over again when I recover is quite daunting.

Anyone else been in this situation before and come back to nothing?

Thanks x

Hi!

First time ever on this site, just wanted to wish you luck with the operation. Hope everything goes well with your work, too. I am heading that way myself, so...

Take good care of yourselves guys...:Love:

you what hun...your health is so important that i wouldn't even worry about it. If you do lose them so be it. They may well return once you are well again.

you would lose them anyway if you didn't have the op and suffered with crippling back pain making you unable to work.

Have the op and just concentrate of your recovery....there is plenty of time to rebuild your business later.

best of luck...x

hia! i know what you mean - this certainly is a tough one!!! on one hand we want to think our clients will stay loyal and not go to other techs ect but on the other hand we all know only too well how fickle clients can be!!! will you be totally out of action after the operation or is it just driving you wont be able to do?? if not then could the clients come to your house to get thier nais done - just on a short term basis??

tori x

Hiya

I wish u all the luck in the world

My sister in law had a back opp, not nice:cry::hug:

If your clients are the sort to understand, then i think you will get them all back. Some clients really understand how important a good tech is.

The very best of luck

Jenx

hia! i know what you mean - this certainly is a tough one!!! on one hand we want to think our clients will stay loyal and not go to other techs ect but on the other hand we all know only too well how fickle clients can be!!! will you be totally out of action after the operation or is it just driving you wont be able to do?? if not then could the clients come to your house to get thier nais done - just on a short term basis??

tori x

Thanks for your advice so far. I will not be able to sit for more than 15 minutes at a time or drive or stand for long periods either. Bummer I know so guess totally out of action for 6 weeks minimum.

you what hun...your health is so important that i wouldn't even worry about it. If you do lose them so be it. They may well return once you are well again.

you would lose them anyway if you didn't have the op and suffered with crippling back pain making you unable to work.

Have the op and just concentrate of your recovery....there is plenty of time to rebuild your business later.

best of luck...x

I agree with Angie hun, your health is more important. I wouldn't worry about your clients too much, I'm sure they'll understand and I bet you find that many will stay loyal. Wishing you all the best with your op xxxxxxx:hug:

At the moment I am still a client so I can answer this from the clients point of view.

I still miss the first good nail tech I found, show moved to a salon that was too far away for me. Had the salon been closer I would have moved with her! So if I was one of your regulars I would definitely be back once you were better.

Leslie

don't be surprised if they ask you to do their nails while you are lying down recovering :)
The most important person in this situation is YOU, take it easy, don't worry and RECOVER.
Good clients will understand, they will get theirnailsdone elsewhere while you are off ,they willshow you and laugh about them. When you are better, they will come back to you.

If you love something, set it free
If it was yours, it will come back
If it doesn't come back ............
HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT

don't be surprised if they ask you to do their nails while you are lying down recovering :)
The most important person in this situation is YOU, take it easy, don't worry and RECOVER.
Good clients will understand, they will get theirnailsdone elsewhere while you are off ,they willshow you and laugh about them. When you are better, they will come back to you.

If you love something, set it free
If it was yours, it will come back
If it doesn't come back ............
HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT

So glad you are back, you never fail to make me laugh!

Thanks everyone x

Nice one Nailzoo!!

All the best with your op hunny, just concentrate on yourself for a bit.

Of course, sometimes clients will return off their own back especially if you have built up a good relationship with them over a long period of time. But they can be so so fickle they do need a bit of help sometimes. I honestly think if I was in this situation, I would be apologising that they would have to find an alternative tech for a couple of appointments, but opening up my diary to get them all booked in for six weeks down the line and offering them a 30% saving or whatever seems appropriate, as a thank you for their loyalty at returning to me then. OK, so you're 30% down on everyone who does that, but still 70% up if they all book, I think most customers would be more than happy (we all know they love a saving) and I bet you'd keep the lot of 'em.

Edit: btw I meant 30% off at that appointment, not for life lol

Good luck xx

Blossoms idea is fantastic!
Get them booked in your diary for 6-8 weeks down the line. but in all honesty your health is much more important hun! without your health you cannot do anything so take good care of yourself and concentrate on the business once you feel better
good luck babe xx

Nice one Nailzoo!!

All the best with your op hunny, just concentrate on yourself for a bit.

Of course, sometimes clients will return off their own back especially if you have built up a good relationship with them over a long period of time. But they can be so so fickle they do need a bit of help sometimes. I honestly think if I was in this situation, I would be apologising that they would have to find an alternative tech for a couple of appointments, but opening up my diary to get them all booked in for six weeks down the line and offering them a 30% saving or whatever seems appropriate, as a thank you for their loyalty at returning to me then. OK, so you're 30% down on everyone who does that, but still 70% up if they all book, I think most customers would be more than happy (we all know they love a saving) and I bet you'd keep the lot of 'em.

Edit: btw I meant 30% off at that appointment, not for life lol

Good luck xx

I'm sorry to disagree Blossom, but I think that if you are good at what you do and people like you then they will come back regardless then no reductions needed. I had a lady come to me as her tech was on maternity leave and it was always on the understanding that as soon as her tech went back to work she would go back to her ... and she did ... and I was glad for her and her tech that they had such respect for each other. I also don't think that it is a good idea to book them in the diary because if it takes you a little longer to recover then you will be putting yourself under a lot of pressure to cover those appointments.

You may lose the odd one, but I doubt it. You will probably find you will have your work cut out as they won't have gone to another tech in the meantime and you will have a load of clients who have gone 6 weeks between appointments. Why not see if there is a geek in your vicinity who will cover the appointments for you, in that way you know that your clients will be looked after and can take some of the worry away from you.

I wish you well with your operation and have a speedy recovery :hug:

Latest posts

Back