How much £ to take to Gmex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hello peeps!

Weird question I suppose...

How much money do you take with you when you're going to these types of events? Do you go with a specific budget in mind or do you spend, spend, spend?

I'm genuinely interested as i've never been to one of these events and I've no idea what to expect or how much money to take with me. I know I'll want to buy everything in sight(!!!), but what do you think is a sensible amount, etc?

I normally go with a list of stuff that I want to buy and a list of stuff that I want to just look at (thinking new therapies to add for the future). I would say don't take a credit card as it is soooooo easy to get carried away!

I usually take enough for my list of 'wanted stuff' and then a few extra pounds for those impulse buys. That said i'm pretty good and my impulse buys are usually just little nail art bits etc.

Don't take a credit card unless you are pretty strong-willed or have it locked up with a proverbial chastity belt!

I'm too frightened to go - I reckon it would be divorce when I got back with a limp credit card and a Bedford van full to the roof:lol::lol::lol:

When i went to the london one i took £350 but spent £270, i would have spent it all but i couldnt carry any more things (i did take a suitcase on wheels lol) and my little legs couldnt carry me any further :hug:
DONT TAKE A CREDIT CARD:Scared:

Good advice peeps! :eek:

Many thanks for all that!

I think you're absolutely right that I could get carried away. However, I'm taking my Other Half with me, who must be the tightest bloke in Yorkshire. I can't imagine he'll let me spend let alone overspend.

<sniffle>

On the other hand... maybe I could get more stuff by getting *him* to carry stuff!!! hee hee hee!!! :green:

I think the best idea, and what I certainly intend to do is make up a list of items to buy, then a list of stuff to look at - fake tan being a big one for me at the moment. Then for the stuff you want to buy take cash and no credit cards. Mr FozzyO is usually very good at making sure I don't get carried away at these kind of things.

Um... please excuse my ignorance... but at these events is it *all* trade prices?

Professional Beauty is a Trade-Only show so yes, they should all be trade / wholesale prices.

The first time I went to one I didn't realise you'd be able to buy so much product at the show to take away with you then! I thought it would be much more just companies showing off their products, but there will be plenty of companies where you can stock up on loads of stuff. Particularly good as many often have "show only" offers and discounts.

Professional Beauty is a Trade-Only show so yes, they should all be trade / wholesale prices.

The first time I went to one I didn't realise you'd be able to buy so much product at the show to take away with you then! I thought it would be much more just companies showing off their products, but there will be plenty of companies where you can stock up on loads of stuff. Particularly good as many often have "show only" offers and discounts.

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! :green: I can't wait to go!!!!

I take £300. Thats my limit but i could easily add another zero to that, i love spending money :green:

I take £300. Thats my limit but i could easily add another zero to that, i love spending money :green:

Hee hee hee! I'm with you there, hon! :green:

I'm hoping to have saved up about £500 by then. My plan is to stock up for my mobile business and maybe get samples of other bits and bobs that I might fancy getting in the future. I'd love to do a skincare course, but I've tried to apply at the wrong bleeping time of year, haven't I?!?!? :irked:

As well as taking your dosh with you, wear a VERY comfortable pair of shoes, and take a small trolley case with you to stash all your goodies in.

Have fun! :hug:

As well as taking your dosh with you, wear a VERY comfortable pair of shoes, and take a small trolley case with you to stash all your goodies in.

Have fun! :hug:

Nooooooo!!!!!!!.......i hate those things...i always fall offer at least 5 when i go to the shows...:lol:

Nooooooo!!!!!!!.......i hate those things...i always fall offer at least 5 when i go to the shows...:lol:

LOL ... I used to too, but I thought if you can't be 'em, join 'em :lol:

(they really are quite useful though)

OK i know i should know the answer to this one but i don't so am going to ask
can we pay the different companies by cheque ?

I think you fell over either mine or Pennijar's trolley at the ezflow stand last year - sorry Angie. I will be taking it again though this year, I can't carry everything that I manage to buy or get free!!

I think you fell over either mine or Pennijar's trolley at the ezflow stand last year - sorry Angie. I will be taking it again though this year, I can't carry everything that I manage to buy or get free!!

It was you was it ....:lol:

Latest posts

Back