How much are sunbeds in your area?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAX inc

Reaction score
Salon opened near me charging half what all the other salons do. will they make any profit at £3-9 mins ?

Depends wether there beds are good, usually the price reflects that....we charge £3 for 6 minutes, were th emost expensive in our area but our beds are top of the range and people actually get a tan safely on ours. A lot of places dont have there beds at the recommended uv output as stated in the sunbed association guidlines. Which, to me, is wrong as u can damage peoples skin if there too high, but in some cases there too low so people paying £10 for 60minutes will buy three times as much just to get a slight tan compared to our £25 for 60 minute course, were theyl see the difference after a couple of sessions :) xx

iv seen so many severely burnt people on Facebook that have been in there, It's a self service place in an amusement arcade, there using tubes iv never heard of which dont come up in google search which are UVB only and over the 0.3 reg.

Self service?? Ive never heard of that before but how dangerous....i do beauty in a sunbed shop, and my boss has always told me if u see someone coming in for a second go on the beds in a day, to refuse them as thats obviously gonna cause too much exposure and damage, there could be people going on them 3times a day......how un safe!! :irked: they should be reported to the SA as they sound like there not following guidlines....i know there only guidlines but there there for a reason and can be enforced if there not being adhered to......gggrrrr shops like tha make me so angry lol xx

Me too I'm horrified.

iv seen so many severely burnt people on Facebook that have been in there, It's a self service place in an amusement arcade, there using tubes iv never heard of which dont come up in google search which are UVB only and over the 0.3 reg.

There is a place near me that's exactly the same and I know of a few that are all in arcades. They do monitor you and have a limit how many minutes you can do over a 6month period. And the one near me definitely are all properly regulated and use proper tubes etc.

They charge £3 for 6mins and that's cheaper than another place in the same town which is £3 for 4mins.

Where do you live if its in York then I know the place you mean. It's £3 for 6 mins and £4.50 for 9.

I use them and I know the other day I went on one of the beds and I came of burnt when I normally do 6mins anyway and don't end up like that. The heat was that unbearable I had to keep opening the door!

Where do you live if its in York then I know the place you mean. It's £3 for 6 mins and £4.50 for 9.

I use them and I know the other day I went on one of the beds and I came of burnt when I normally do 6mins anyway and don't end up like that. The heat was that unbearable I had to keep opening the door!

I'm in nottingham. But I think they have a chain of places all over. I've never been burnt on them but sometimes they do seen really hot but I think it's when they have been used a lot in the day they just stay hot. Tbh I think them kind of places are easy for people to abuse and use a lot more than other salons but as long as you use then sensibly there shouldn't be a problem.

My friend started the other day and they did the intro telling her everything about it etc. and she said she's had 10 people in the last year drink the cleaning solution used to wipe the base!! Shows the kind if people that use them! Lol

I'm in nottingham. But I think they have a chain of places all over. I've never been burnt on them but sometimes they do seen really hot but I think it's when they have been used a lot in the day they just stay hot. Tbh I think them kind of places are easy for people to abuse and use a lot more than other salons but as long as you use then sensibly there shouldn't be a problem.

My friend started the other day and they did the intro telling her everything about it etc. and she said she's had 10 people in the last year drink the cleaning solution used to wipe the base!! Shows the kind if people that use them! Lol

Oh I see. Yeah I think so, I think they have a chain. I know there are signs everywhere saying if you exceed so many mind in a year you have your membership revoked.

Omg I can't believe that, that's awful. Why would anybody want to drink that stuff? Weirdos!

I know sunbeds are bad for you but so is no ole phones and standing too close to a microwave and telegraph poles and loads if other things so sod it. May a well feel great about yourself I guess

X

And obviously using them in moderation and leaving 24hours inbetween tanning, and not going on until your red lol

Latest posts

Back