How much do I charge to rent out beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazn157

Reaction score
hi i am renting out a beauty room and unsure of how much to charge and if i am charging to much??
i rent out a beauty room at the moment at £50 per week that is working anything up to 3 days.
the room is about the same size as an average small bedroom, it has no sink or anything just a bed shelves and wax pot station all decorated etc. the therapist buys own stock, leaflets and advertising. as the room is only small she is limited to what she can do in there, she also has started with no clientele. she works 3 days per week. we pay rent of £500 per month hair salon we have a 6 work stations so a good size salon. the therapist pays £200 per month that is almost half the rent and in comparison to the size of our space to the size of hers i am wondering if we are charging her the right rent??? can some one advise me please??? :rolleyes:
p.s. we open 5days per week.

hi i am renting out a beauty room and unsure of how much to charge and if i am charging to much??
i rent out a beauty room at the moment at £50 per week that is working anything up to 3 days.
the room is about the same size as an average small bedroom, it has no sink or anything just a bed shelves and wax pot station all decorated etc. the therapist buys own stock, leaflets and advertising. as the room is only small she is limited to what she can do in there, she also has started with no clientele. she works 3 days per week. we pay rent of £500 per month hair salon we have a 6 work stations so a good size salon. the therapist pays £200 per month that is almost half the rent and in comparison to the size of our space to the size of hers i am wondering if we are charging her the right rent??? can some one advise me please??? :rolleyes:
p.s. we open 5days per week.

Hi, that sounds about right to me. Depending on location etc. You have to think as well she is getting all her gas/elec/water included in that price!

Obviously depends on location but £50 does seem cheap cheapest I've ever paid was £100 a wk regardless of the days I worked. Your to good ;)

That sounds good, don't forget you have the rates, bills & music licence etc to pay so she might be paying 1/2 the rent but not 1/2 of your total expenditure x

This is about right tbh, if not on the cheaper side! Think about your other bills, that she is using... Water, elec, tea, coffee, business rates, phone, reception, card machine (if you have one), and rom rental.... So all in all your own rent is probably not even half of your total outgoings :)

The days she works isn't part of it as she's self employed she can do as wanted, but I agree it seems low prices. Where i am the beautician pays the same as me, has a smallish room, but also a nail desk and spray tan room.
Up the price a little, and if she chooses to only be in 3 days and can't afford it then tough xoxo

The days she works isn't part of it as she's self employed she can do as wanted, but I agree it seems low prices. Where i am the beautician pays the same as me, has a smallish room, but also a nail desk and spray tan room.
Up the price a little, and if she chooses to only be in 3 days and can't afford it then tough xoxo

She can't up it if its agreed and signed for.... You can forward plan though and up for next year maybe or if your happy with the 200 per month just up with inflation, but all in all your more than fair your therapist doesn't realise how much else you pay for too x

I used to pay £470 a month all in (included all bills,tea,coffee,reception/bookings) my room didn't have a sink but was big with 2 windows in Essex

I was a key holder so I could work Tuesday-Saturday they worked 9-5 or 9-7 I could work 9am until whenever I liked mostly 9pm, they were really flexible and accommodating x

M

Latest posts

Back