How much do you charge to do nails from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraddi

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have done my Gelish training, and have done about 15 nail sets since for free just to practice to make sure I'm up to scratch. I feel confident now to start charging people, I have a little nail room set up at home. I just wondered how much you guys charge people? The salons around me offer this service for £20.00. I am going to do it a bit cheaper to give them a bit more reason to come to me, and also as I will be doing it from home.
New to all this! I just hate asking my friends for money :confused: But obviously it has cost me a lot to do the course! Any opinions? x

Congratulations on qualifying. The best way to decide on your pricing is to work out what it costs you per service. Factor in training costs, costs for working from home, insurance, advertising etc and then add on what you're happy to be earning per hour. You don't want to find that you're working for peanuts!

Congratulations on completing your course!

When I first completed my Shellac course, I too have a home salon. The average price for Shellac in my area is £20-£25. At first, like you I offered free manis/pedis to friends. I made it clear that I was only doing that for 8 weeks to get practise.

I started my prices at £12 or £20 for each but then I realised, my treatment is not inferior to that received in a salon, my products are all genuine, I am a trained professional and even working from home we still have overhead costs, product replenishment and then to give ourselves a wage aswell.

I now charge £18 for one or £30 for both. That's for a basic mani/pedi. I gradually upped the price, I do still charge slightly less for my clients that have been with me from the start and I also have a friends and family discount - as long as they tweet, Instagram, Facebook etc. (Bit of free advertisement 😊)

Hope this helps. Don't sell yourself short. Good luck! X

Hello SalonGeek!

I charge £25 for the pair, which seems to go down well, perhaps I should charge more..?

Hey Hun, the going rate in my town is £15-20 for Gelish, so I charge £15 from my home salon, I price matched to other nail techs in my position.
I also do hands and toes for £25 x

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back