How much do you earn from beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Just interested really to see how much we all make from this business? Is any one happy to share?
Il start..... I currently make nothing! Lol I only work around my children at the mo so everything I earn I put back in to products or training in the hope that one day il make a small living from it!

I have a salon. I employ myself and a full time member of staff and a part timer. I cone away with a basic wage each week. I take money from the business to pay for holidays and have just taken a wedge for a weekend away but there is not a lot. I work a fifty hour week easily and am eternally skint BUT I can see a time where I will be doing less and earning more so I persevere!

Vic x

It will be interesting to see if we all do it for the love or the money?? For me so far it's for the love and a little bit of sanity in the crazy world of motherhood with 3! X

I make a good living from beauty working (full time hrs) for myself as a mobile therapist . Even after nearly 16 years in the industry I do still love it x

I'm not bad I work 3 days bring in about 300-400 but I have to pay rent And I need to buy products off that. Am happy tho cause I wouldn't make that working part time so for now it does me xx

I have no real overheads as I work from home. I'm mainly intimate waxing, start up costs were fairly low, most of that was training, and I don't hold lots of expensive stock.

A good week is very good, and a slow week still almost matches what I earned when I worked for the NHS 12 months ago, but with the added bonus of fewer hours and much less stress.

I work from home and I've got the potential to earn a fab wage but like yourself I have 3 kids to juggle too, my youngest being 1. Once she's in nursery (hopefully soon) I'll be earning a bit more. When I am working I enjoy it, it's like when I was a kid playing post offices, except now I get real money!! [emoji1]

I work 6 days a week running my own salon with 1 full time member of staff and 3 self employed people who do semi perm makeup, acrylics and Botox and fillers.

I very rarely draw a wage as my husband earns ok money, however when it comes to holidays, time out I will normally draw down some money then. Unfortunately when you own a salon turnover and profit are two very different things!!!

My business is currently making nothing but I'm hoping it will soon. When you take money from the business to pay for holidays what's your justification on your out goings? Is it just salary to yourself? x

My business is currently making nothing but I'm hoping it will soon. When you take money from the business to pay for holidays what's your justification on your out goings? Is it just salary to yourself? x
Yes it goes on as drawings... When u say making nothing do u mean litterally nothing or are you covering your overheads with nothing left to draw?

I'm still paying back my initial outgoings (training, products etc.). I should break even this FY so was just curious how you document what you draw from the business. Can you draw as much as you like? I'm guessing Mr Tax Man would frown if you drew out all your profits?

I'm still paying back my initial outgoings (training, products etc.). I should break even this FY so was just curious how you document what you draw from the business. Can you draw as much as you like? I'm guessing Mr Tax Man would frown if you drew out all your profits?
Nope he taxes you wether u take a little or a lot (not untill your in profit by £10k as long as this is ur only income) if your profit is £2500 at the end of the year you could take it all in a lump or take £50 a week, makes no odds at all :) it's just documented as a personal drawing wether weekly or in a lump

Thanks! That makes it a lot clearer :)

We opened about 8 months ago with no client base at all and have averaged $AUD 3,200 a week income. There are just 2 of us that work here full time (50 hours a week - 1 on reception and 1 beauty therapist) and we have earned $335 a week each after all the bills are paid. Out of that $335 a week each we have been paying off our $50,000 loan. The Government pay more money to unemployed people! We are optimistic that our client base and income will continue to grow over time and eventually we will make more than a normal wage.

I started doing sugaring, facials, electrolysis and eyebrow shaping (threading wasn't around at the time) but after a few months stuck to electrolysis because I was good at it. When I was able to work full time it was £30k sales with £10k overheads/outgoings. But I developed thyroiditis and had to move to part time hours, then give it up altogether :( I'm writing a little book about the business side of things because I'd really like to help others who are struggling. I don't think colleges teach enough about it e.g. Pareto's Law.

Too true @krum. I think a lot of the very successful male beauty therapists would be a little put out x

I have a salon. I employ myself and a full time member of staff and a part timer. I cone away with a basic wage each week. I take money from the business to pay for holidays and have just taken a wedge for a weekend away but there is not a lot. I work a fifty hour week easily and am eternally skint BUT I can see a time where I will be doing less and earning more so I persevere!

Vic x

You work hard, earn a honest living, one day it will definitely pay off. Not forgetting all your brill posts and how you help fellow geeks. Thanks! X

I started doing sugaring, facials, electrolysis and eyebrow shaping (threading wasn't around at the time) but after a few months stuck to electrolysis because I was good at it. When I was able to work full time it was £30k sales with £10k overheads/outgoings. But I developed thyroiditis and had to move to part time hours, then give it up altogether :( I'm writing a little book about the business side of things because I'd really like to help others who are struggling. I don't think colleges teach enough about it e.g. Pareto's Law.

Is this related to the thyroid gland?

Latest posts

Back