How much do you weigh? ;)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea about ratios but I'm glad I could offer some assistance abstyle :) x

I did in the salon, but now I'm mmobile I never bring them with me, too much to kart about already.
I do miss them though, fab for to stop waste.....
I'd write on clients card exactly how much I mixed, if I needed to mix more I made a note of this, or if I had lots left I'd weigh it and make a note of how much I used so I'd know for next time to mix less.:hug:xx

I did in the salon, but now I'm mmobile I never bring them with me, too much to kart about already.
I do miss them though, fab for to stop waste.....
I'd write on clients card exactly how much I mixed, if I needed to mix more I made a note of this, or if I had lots left I'd weigh it and make a note of how much I used so I'd know for next time to mix less.:hug:xx

Really?? I wouldn't like to live without mine!! X

Really?? I wouldn't like to live without mine!! X
I know, I probably should start carrying them with me.... I just hate having to lug about too much stuff alteady lol. They're fav=b for exact measurements with mixtones too.
ooooo you've started something here *off to dig my scales out* lol x

1ml = 1 gram

Technically this is not correct.

In the sense of water then it does work 1:1, but if you are weighing differing densities of liquid or solid matter this ratio is not accurately correct.

i.e. water to honey-this would not equate as 1:1
x

In the sense of water then it does work 1:1, but if you are weighing differing densities of liquid or solid matter this ratio is not accurately correct.

x

But a ton of feathers still weighs the same as a tone of concrete! X

x

Yeh this is what I thought, some liquids are heavier but as long as you're weighing both the ratio is still the same? X

But a ton of feathers still weighs the same as a tone of concrete! X

As long as you dont mix volume (ml) and mass (grams).
I.e. if you get a litre bottle and fill with water and then feathers, it will still be a litre but the weight will be completely different.

x

iv never used scales but im curious now,

if you have 30ml of tint and mix with 30ml peroxide,
what would this be in grams? for talking sake 20g tint then 20g peroxide??

sorry if this sounds really basic

most digital haircolor (or food scales) have several different measurements.... grams/ML/ounces.

I'm a ML kind of girl, but the other instructors I work with are die hard ounce people!

The scale has become our best friend on reducing wasted product- no "left overs" in the beaker, being able to make just a smidge, being more accurate when only making a tiny bit. My fav purchase ever!

x

Miss pink23 We arn't weighing honey or water are we, 1g of tint to 1g of peroxide works perfect never had a problem

Miss pink23 We arn't weighing honey or water are we, 1g of tint to 1g of peroxide works perfect never had a problem

Lol what she said is 100% valid, she said 1ml of peroxide isnt a gram, not that gram to gram wouldn't work, as I said, it's a ratio...you could measure oz to oz if you want, but that doesn't mean an oz = 1ml

Lol what she said is 100% valid, she said 1ml of peroxide isnt a gram, not that gram to gram wouldn't work, as I said, it's a ratio...you could measure oz to oz if you want, but that doesn't mean an oz = 1ml

I hear you and can see her point, but coincidentally you'd be surprised to learn that 1ml of peroxide does indeed weigh 1 gram, and 1ml of hair colour also weighs 1 gram! LOL

First thing I checked (obviously) when I moved to scales and threw away the measuring jug for good!

I guess we're just lucky. :)

One thing I'm struggling to get my head around is..
I have always used measuring jug and tube measurements when mixing colour, therefore have always measured my colour in grams and peroxide in ml.
So, for easy sake of numbers, say the ratio was 1:2. I would mix 50g colour with 100ml peroxide.
Now, if I switched to using scales and measured both in grams then this wouldn't be the same?
50g colour, 100ml peroxide would be correct to the 1:2 ratio but if I then put the colour on the scales, that would still be 50g but them poured in my 100ml of peroxide .. That wouldn't measure as 100g so would no longer be a 1:2 ratio? Therefore, what was previously measured to the ratio as correct before would suddenly become incorrect without altering the amounts, yet simply just altering the measuring method?!

Does that make sense?

So technically, depending on the way in which you measure is going to provide you with different outcomes surely? Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree about all of this!?

Xx

Ah after reading the post above (which must have been written at the same time as I was writing!) 1ml of peroxide weighs same as 1g which would therefore solve everything and make sense now!! X

One thing I'm struggling to get my head around is..
I have always used measuring jug and tube measurements when mixing colour, therefore have always measured my colour in grams and peroxide in ml.
So, for easy sake of numbers, say the ratio was 1:2. I would mix 50g colour with 100ml peroxide.
Now, if I switched to using scales and measured both in grams then this wouldn't be the same?
50g colour, 100ml peroxide would be correct to the 1:2 ratio but if I then put the colour on the scales, that would still be 50g but them poured in my 100ml of peroxide .. That wouldn't measure as 100g so would no longer be a 1:2 ratio? Therefore, what was previously measured to the ratio as correct before would suddenly become incorrect without altering the amounts, yet simply just altering the measuring method?!

Does that make sense?

So technically, depending on the way in which you measure is going to provide you with different outcomes surely? Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree about all of this!?

Xx

Yes completely barking hun!! Lol all you need to worry about is what number the scales say, weather it's liquid, powder, colour or even fairy dust!! It's 1ml to 1g so if you have 50ml high lift you will need 100ml peroxide making a grand total of 150ml!! And it's exactly the same as gram :) xx

Yes completely barking hun!! Lol all you need to worry about is what number the scales say, weather it's liquid, powder, colour or even fairy dust!! It's 1ml to 1g so if you have 50ml high lift you will need 100ml peroxide making a grand total of 150ml!! And it's exactly the same as gram :) xx

Lol.. So I am completely barking!
Thanks for the reassurance.. Now knowing that it's 1ml to 1g, all makes sense!! Xx

Lol.. So I am completely barking!
Thanks for the reassurance.. Now knowing that it's 1ml to 1g, all makes sense!! Xx

Good good :) you know where we are if you get stuck :) xx

Latest posts

Back