How much extra for Shellac over enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there
Applying Shellac over enhancements isn't something iv done before, I normally hype it up as a natural nail service.
However I'm getting more enhancements now so was wondering if I should b offering Shellac as a colour option as opposed to just plain polish. So my question is how much extra do u charge? X

I charge an additional £10 on top of their enhancement service price for Shellac application x

i charge an extra £5 for plain colour or £10 for colour and art. theres no need for base coat and you can mostly get away with 1 coat of colour so it doesnt cost you as much in products as it would on natural nails x

Sweet Squared recommend you charge 20% on top of your enhancement price (ie if your enhancements are £40 then you would charge £8 extra for the Shellac. However I charge an extra £10 on top of my l&p's.
Rhiannon x

Shellac over enhancements is fabulous! No need for base coat and if they're coming back for infills then it's really easy to buff straight off!

I charge £8 on top of enhancement price.

I charge £7 on top of my refill price I didn't realise base coat wasn't required x

Hiya,

I have a lady that wants shellac over enhancements. Would you just use desperse over all her nails first then go ahead with the first coat of colour?

When the Shellac is removed using the acetone and pads, would the acetone not effect the acrylics?

Many thanks
Claire

I asked a similar question as the op the other day about Gelish over acrylic. Ive put it on my price list as £8 extra. When u apply it over acrylics u dont need base coat, just 2 coats of colour then top coat. To remove u need to file off not soak otherwise it will affect the acrylic underneath. hth x

I charge £7 on top of infill/new set price for Shellac but tbh nobody has it because they all say it's too much and I'm thinking they might be right.

I am thinking of reducing it to £5.

TBH you don't need to do nearly as much prep as you have already done it in with the infill/new set, no base coat, and instead of using Glaze'n'Go I would use the Shellac topcoat, so all it is really is a coat or 2 of Shellac.

As CND recommend 20% higher costs, then say your infill is £20, then with Shellac that's £24. £4 more. So why, just because you'd done a full set,say at £40, should it jump from £4 to £8 more, for exactly the same thing? I know about the percentage thing but I'd have a hard time explaining that one away as it just seems unfair as they are essentially getting Shellac over acrylics, whether it's over a new set or over infills. :rolleyes:

Hiya,

I have a lady that wants shellac over enhancements. Would you just use desperse over all her nails first then go ahead with the first coat of colour?

When the Shellac is removed using the acetone and pads, would the acetone not effect the acrylics?

Many thanks
Claire

You would clean the enhancement with Scrubfresh the go on to apply you colour.

For removal you would not be soaking the CND Shellac off as you would normally do as it would damage the enhancement, you would file it off during a rebalance appointment.
Hths

I charge £7 on top of infill/new set price for Shellac but tbh nobody has it because they all say it's too much and I'm thinking they might be right.

I am thinking of reducing it to £5.

TBH you don't need to do nearly as much prep as you have already done it in with the infill/new set, no base coat, and instead of using Glaze'n'Go I would use the Shellac topcoat, so all it is really is a coat or 2 of Shellac.

As CND recommend 20% higher costs, then say your infill is £20, then with Shellac that's £24. £4 more. So why, just because you'd done a full set,say at £40, should it jump from £4 to £8 more, for exactly the same thing? I know about the percentage thing but I'd have a hard time explaining that one away as it just seems unfair as they are essentially getting Shellac over acrylics, whether it's over a new set or over infills. :rolleyes:

Take into consideration it's an extra 10-15 mins on top of your treatment time. A file and polish is a 10-15 min treatment at £9:50 with me. Therefore £7:00 is about right. I charge £8:00. Just to add I think it's worth £8:00 just to be able to walk out the salon straight away and have completely dry colour!!

I use Polish Pro and I charge an extra $10.

I am having more and more clients opt for this service as the color stay put.

For rebalance time, it takes just an extra minute to buff off the color coats and when doing the rebalance, you have to file old product down anyway, so I find it to be no biggie.

Latest posts

Back