How much extra to charge-gel overlay w/gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi
just trying to work my price list out and not sure what to charge for gel overlays when topped with a gel polish. I was thinking of chargein£20 for Calgel clear overlay on its own, not sure if thats to cheap or not. But not sure what to charge if client then wants gel polish over the top. Any help would be appreciated.

If your doing Calgel do you not have the Calgel colours in rather than using a gel polish on top of the clear? Or have I misunderstood.
I charge £25 for a Calgel overlay and £20 for shellac.

Hi are you mobile or salon baced?

I've been told it depends on area in salons , they charge £25 for gel overlay so as im mobile I cut the cost £10 and I do that with everything because im still getting profit and people that ive done so far ( as newly qualified) love my work so they don't see me as cheap.

Probably rambled on but I hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If your doing Calgel do you not have the Calgel colours in rather than using a gel polish on top of the clear? Or have I misunderstood.
I charge £25 for a Calgel overlay and £20 for shellac.

Hi emma at the moment I dont have the money to buy both gel polish and calgel colours, was not sure what to invest in one or the other. I have just bought some nubar gelicure to try from someone who was selling a few bottles, it was cheap enough for me to try and see if any good before I spend loads of money out. If its no good then I would invest in calgel. So thought I would just offer clear overlays and gel polish for the time being, same as using the brisa lite smoothing gel under a shellac suppose but not sure how much to charge.

Hi emma at the moment I dont have the money to buy both gel polish and calgel colours, was not sure what to invest in one or the other. I have just bought some nubar gelicure to try from someone who was selling a few bottles, it was cheap enough for me to try and see if any good before I spend loads of money out. If its no good then I would invest in calgel. So thought I would just offer clear overlays and gel polish for the time being, same as using the brisa lite smoothing gel under a shellac suppose but not sure how much to charge.

Ah I'm with you now! 😊 there's a salon in my town who does shellac with the Brisa and I think she's £25ish. Depends on where your stay and if your have a salon or not. I'm mobile and live in perth in Scotland which isn't massive. So I've just undercut the salons! I offer both shellac and Calgel but to be honest Calgel is much more popular and I am always buying new colours but with shellac colours I just buy in the base and too coat and stick to what I already have!

Ah I'm with you now! 😊 there's a salon in my town who does shellac with the Brisa and I think she's £25ish. Depends on where your stay and if your have a salon or not. I'm mobile and live in perth in Scotland which isn't massive. So I've just undercut the salons! I offer both shellac and Calgel but to be honest Calgel is much more popular and I am always buying new colours but with shellac colours I just buy in the base and too coat and stick to what I already have!

I hope to buy more calgel colours but money is tight at the moment so thought I would just offer the clear, and the french for tips and sculpts, add colours later and give the gelicure I bought a go. Im going to be mobile and my daughter does makeup so hope to work together as she does loads of photo shots and bridal and shes always moaning at me to get started, just work and life gets in the way lol. But I'm going for it this time. I wont go as cheap as some as I have spent a small fortune on all my training not just money but time also. That said we shall have to wait and see if I get any work when my website goes out and I start to advertise.

Go for it! It's the best thing I've ever done and its great you have your daughter doing make up - bridal packages sorted!!! 😊 I totally agree I've undercut the salons by about. £1 or 2 plus have the advantage of being mobile. Get a price list from all salons in your area and compare and you can get your pricing from there!

Good luck and all the best for your new business 😃

Go for it! It's the best thing I've ever done and its great you have your daughter doing make up - bridal packages sorted!!! 😊 I totally agree I've undercut the salons by about. £1 or 2 plus have the advantage of being mobile. Get a price list from all salons in your area and compare and you can get your pricing from there!

Good luck and all the best for your new business 😃

thankyou emma glad its all worked out for you, also nice to hear you offer calgel and thats working better for you than the shellac you offer, my daughter is going in too some rooms next with some hairdressers, there is already a lady who does nails one day a week which is a shame as I may have gone in with her. But I run another business and that takes most of my time that said I will have to make time for my nail business, don't think I will be too busy to start of with, so should be ok. thankyou for your time replying to my posts.

Hi Sonia! Have you thought about Loyalty cards or special offers for your customers? For example- Make an appointment for both hands & toes & receive 10% off etc!

I don't know why some mobile techs constantly undercut salons price -wise, almost undercharging & not thinking their services are as valuable as a salon?! I've been a mobile tech for years & I charge on a par if not slightly more than salons do. Why? Because me & my services are worth it! If you think about it your having a quality, premium service in the comfort of your own home, which people don't expect to be bargain basement surely??! For example if you had to call out a vet to your home, you would expect to pay treatment price.....PLUS A CALL OUT!!!

Latest posts

Back