How much for cap highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.csglitzandglam

Reaction score
I have a client with long hair wanting a cap of highlights.
What price would I quote for that?

I wouldn’t do cap highlights on long hair. It would be uncomfortable for the client and just look a bit naff.
Why is she asking for cap highlights?

I wouldn’t do cap highlights on long hair. It would be uncomfortable for the client and just look a bit naff.
Why is she asking for cap highlights?

I haven’t done a cap before. But I’ve seen it be done and it’s pretty easy. Although, on short hair. I’m not sure why she wants that. Maybe it’s what she is used to having

It can be really painful especially for longhair. I would turn this client onto foils and tell her she will get a much better result x

In your initial consultation, you establish what look the client wants (and doesn’t want) and then YOU choose the best method to achieve that, given her natural hair colour, any existing tint, hair type etc.

Never use a cap on long hair - trust me it hurts like hell when you drag that hair through and just doesn’t look professional.....
It can be an excellent choice however for very short hair

I had it done when I was young and stupid. My hair was very long and it was murder to remove the cap.... I would sooner have a baby ha ha.
Short hair I am sure is ok as the above posts have suggested, but I know it is not for the faint hearted. Steer her well away from a cap, you will be giving her your best advice when you recommend foils.

When Red Star says ‘very short hair’, we’re talking pixie cuts.
If it’s long enough to foil, don’t use a cap.

Latest posts

Back