how much hand sanitiser must be used?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberlaika

Reaction score
After reading the thread on controlling MRSA, I spoke to a relative who works in healthcare. We got talking about the use (and importance) of hand sanitiser. She told me, that to have the proper effect of the sanitiser, you must use quite a lot.aproximately three squirts/sprays. I don´t use that much on either myself or the customers, does any of you?:eek: Anyway, it could be, that washing your hands prior to hand sanitiser would do the trick. Does anyone know? Maybe a question for Marketing Geek to answer:idea:

If you are using Mundo sanitizing hand gel you should use 2-3 pump measures rub into clean hands and allow 30 seconds to evaporate.

It's impossible to say how many squirts, as different dispensers give differing amount of product. And some sanitizers are very weak.

As Judy says, the Mundo Pocket sized Hand Gel needs approx 2-3 squirts, but the 250ml bottle only needs one as it delivers more product.

You need to make sure there's enough product to be able to rub your hands for approx 30 seconds - and then let it finally evaporate.

Different people will need differing amounts as hand sizes are very varied.

Washing hands before using a sanitizer is good practice.

Sorry should have added that I was talking about the one I carry in my bag not the one I use in the salon. I'd rather use a little too much than not enough. hth

marketing-geek said:
It's impossible to say how many squirts, as different dispensers give differing amount of product. And some sanitizers are very weak.

As Judy says, the Mundo Pocket sized Hand Gel needs approx 2-3 squirts, but the 250ml bottle only needs one as it delivers more product.

You need to make sure there's enough product to be able to rub your hands for approx 30 seconds - and then let it finally evaporate.

Different people will need differing amounts as hand sizes are very varied.

Washing hands before using a sanitizer is good practice.

Ah!! that´s actually a good way of knowing that you´re using the right amount. I can see how the three squirts meassure would never be precise. Quite important to know really

If you use hand sanitizer regularly, I'd recommend that you use one with skin conditioners, if you don't your hands will become dry.

Any hand sanitiser works more effectively if you wash your hands before using it. Ordinary regular washing removes most pathogens.

When I was in the salon full time, I used Creative Cool Blue hand sanitiser more than 100 times a week. Creative were actually the first company to introduce a hand sanitiser as a regular part of prep for nails. :eek: Anyway, as Nigel says, one of the best properties of Creative Cool Blue is that it contains softeners so that your hands never feel dry and always feel soft no matter how many times per day you use it.

geeg said:
Any hand sanitiser works more effectively if you wash your hands before using it. Ordinary regular washing removes most pathogens.

When I was in the salon full time, I used Creative Cool Blue hand sanitiser more than 100 times a week. Creative were actually the first company to introduce a hand sanitiser as a regular part of prep for nails. :eek: Anyway, as Nigel says, one of the best properties of Creative Cool Blue is that it contains softeners so that your hands never feel dry and always feel soft no matter how many times per day you use it.

Just to clarify - i wasn't refering to any particular product - just stating that if you use sanitizers regularly, ensure they have skin conditioners. This should be obvious from the packaging.

The Mundo sanitizing hand gel keeps my hands lovely and soft and smells great too. I use it in the salon and all the family use it when we are on holiday etc.

Latest posts

Back