How much info on client record cards???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
I'm just going through the Habia manual to make sure I've covered everything in readiness for my new salon opening, and something has occurred to me......

Client records cards should be kept up to date with information that is relevant to the service. My record cards have a space on them for doctors details. Now, I dont see how me obtaining my clients doctors details is relevant to the service. If there was a medical issue, I would ask the client to get her doctors consent, perhaps give her a standard letter to give to her doctor, but under no circumstances would I try to contact them directly. I dont want to breach data protection regs by recording irrelevant info, so my gut feeling is to skip that bit on the card, but then I dont want to miss important info, and so my question to you all is this:

Do you record doctors info on your client record cards? Can you think of any reason why you as a nail tech would need that info?

Thanks guys

I don't take those details. The only instance I can think of where you might need to keep note of them is if you have referred your client to get a gp's note for treatment.

I wouldn't either unless absolutely relevant the less on a card the better with the data protection act.Just take whats needed for your own and your workers continual care of the client and whats needed for insurance purposes i dont think you need to know the ins and outs of all their medical history unless the treatment is relevent.
I actually believe that by law there are more legal requirements to abide by concerning data protection now than most of us actually follow.Its all a bit of a legal minefield.

I must admit I do take GP's name and phone number, but only so that if there is an emergency, the details can be given to emergency services if needed so a hospital can get quick direct access to medical records. I don't know whether I'm right or not though, you've got me thinking now! :)

I must admit I do take GP's name and phone number, but only so that if there is an emergency, the details can be given to emergency services if needed so a hospital can get quick direct access to medical records. I don't know whether I'm right or not though, you've got me thinking now! :)
I would have done it for exactly the same reason!

I take them down as a precaution, as was said earlier in case of emerg, but also could be useful as a double check, eg: if you need a doctors letter and the client brings one in, you can check that it's from the correct people?? All the cards I've see in and out of college and in different salons all ask for doctors detials and I've always had to give them too.
love T

Latest posts

Back