How much notice to put prices up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souz

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put my prices up on certain treatments , how much notice would you give of this...want to make a sign to put up in salon

I would judge it by how often your clients have that particular treatment. For example, waxing would need at least 6 weeks notice, whereas Shellac only 3. Just so your regulars don't get an unexpected shock when they arrive for their next treatment. Which ones are you raising?

Thanks , I'm raising shellac, bio sculpture and extensions....have been too cheap with those for too long, some come every two weeks some every three

I put my prices up on 1st May. I gave everyone a months notice via texr/email/facebook status.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

So it's too late to them up for 1st June??

Maybe a little short notice!
Make it July and job done!
Vic x

Vicky what about 10th june??!

The beginning of a new month seemed like a good time so I've just done my notices for 1st July, feeling rather brave now I've done it :Scared: Just waiting for the onslaught lol

Technically though, I can see the sense in 3 weeks notice when they all return within a 2 or 3 week period, so mid June is fair enough. I think I'm trying to delay the inevitable! xx

I generally give two months notice to ease everyone into it :) This is via Facebook, notice in salon and talking to clients. My clients are often booked in for the year in advance, so I like to give them lots of notice and generally put up prices in first month or two of new year, so they know about the price rise before they book that year out.

If you want to put them up on the 1st or the 10th of June then do it.

I put my prices up recently with a week's notice - I don't usually but my new leaflets were in and I just did it.

I had a big hike on two particular wax areas. With existing clients who had these treatments I explained they had been well under priced for sometime now and because it was a big jump I would increase the current price for them by £1.00 on each visit until it came up to the new price.

xxx

You're busy and you have a very loyal client base. Will a few weeks make that much difference? As a busy therapist I have put up a sign and just forgotten about it. I have mentioned it to clients when I have thought of it That way you can be sure that everyone has had a chance to see it. Whether they read it or not is up to them. You can lead a horse to water.........
I just think its the fairest way. Lots of notice, no apology and get on with your business.
But go with your gut. If you think 10 June, go for it x

Im open 2yrs, and business is good. I never even though of changing my prices. Do you do this annually? What about your competitors prices?

Im open 2yrs, and business is good. I never even though of changing my prices. Do you do this annually? What about your competitors prices?

I always wonder about competitor prices too. I'm already more expensive than the two salons closest to me but I'm still very busy. Would like to up my prices but wonder if ill be stepping over the line and existing clients will just go to the cheaper places?

If you are ok with your prices then no need to change, forget what others are doing.....if you are busy then no need to worry about competition.

I have been too cheap for too long and even clients have told me that!! When they come to pay they say is that all??but as i had already put them up when i opened salon 7 months ago i thought it was too soon to do it again. However as clients only seem to want me most of the time i have decided to go for it and should of just put them at what i wanted when i opened!!

Fingers crossed

I haven't changed mine for nearly 4 years, regardless of what my competitors are doing, I know my product costs have increased, plus I consider I underpriced my Shellac anyway. You do have to look at what others are doing and not price yourself out of the market though :)

I agree...there are two others where i am doing shellac (and not very well i may add) but people are paying £25 there and getting less than a week where as with me i charge £22 and they get 2/3 weeks!!!plus im turning people away

My bio sculpture price is £27 for fingers and £23 for toes and the nearest place is 20 mins away and they charge £28 for finger and £25 for toes.....

I know its only a few pounds here and there but it all adds up!!

I gave a month's notice when I put mine up, it seemed to work and I lost one client (no biggie)!

Xxx

I put my prices up with 10 days notice in the end and you know what?no one has batted an eyelid!!! In fact im getting even busier!!! All the prices i put up were by £3-£5!

Latest posts

Back