How much percentage goes for what in the salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionista

Reaction score
I want to know how much should I keep for product, rent, etc. I'm self employd so I need to find a system to work under. I want to take a part of each clients money and put it aside. So how should I work out how much goes for what?

It all depends on how much rent you pay, how much your products costs per treatment, the costs already paid out for equipment etc. You will have to work out this and then see how much you have left. Then decide what you want to put away.. Do you mean you want to know what you can take out as a wage or to put money away for the business?

Do you already rent somewhere?

Im not sure what you mean when you say you want to find a system to work under?

I was thinking of using 20% for product and retail. 40% for myself (personal use) and then 40% towards rent, marketing etc this way I can control what I use and limit myself for personal and bussiness expenses and not use the one for the other. What u think?

Your theory assumes you are going to be taking a good amount of money right from the very beginning - enough to cover all your costs and then about another half again for yourself. This may be unrealistic in the start of your business, if indeed you are starting up your own business.

If you are already running your own business, a better way may be to work out all your costs per month, being generous about what expenditure you have and including any forgotten costs such as tax. You could then put that aside and any remainder is yours to do with what you would like.

40% is unrealistically high, as you are assuming that only 60% of what you are going to earn will be needed. Many new businesses go months(or more) before drawing a full salary.
If you have the guaranteed clientele, then all the power to you. I think tho, 15-20% should be set aside for 'the unexpected' that will most certainly arise. Especially in the early stages.Then you are ready and able to take care of things.
Good luck with your new business!

Thx I will certainly take all of that into account. I've been running my salon for about 3 years. Just decided that this year I need to focus on putting more into my bussiness because for the first time I'm settled and getting good bussiness.

Latest posts

Back