How much should I charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Am just after some ideas of what prices i should charge when i qualify?
Will i charge the same for Gel, L&P and Fibreglass?
I will be working mobile.
And when should i review my prices also?
:confused::confused::confused:

if i were you i would do some research, go around your area or ring up and find out prices as they vary from area to area, so do alittle market research hope this helps xx

if i were you i would do some research, go around your area or ring up and find out prices as they vary from area to area, so do alittle market research hope this helps xx
Then would you say take a % off as i will of only just qualified? :confused:

depends if you think you are confident enough to charge what they do hun? if you are good at what you do and feel confident then go for it, but if not them price your self a bit lower, just make sure once you have passed, do as many friends and family to get your skills up to scratch the more you do them the better you will get :hug:

Just had a bit search on t'internet for mobile techs in the northeast and hardly anything local to me comes up.
This is where i get stumped cos i don't wanna be pricing up the salons, just mobile.:confused::confused:

where abouts in north east are you flower as im in north east too and may beable to help you

where abouts in north east are you flower as im in north east too and may beable to help you
Thank hun, I'm sort of between Bishop Auckland and Barnard Castle and i just don't seem to be able to find anyone mobile in these areas, or i just don't know where to look to find them. x

Anyone else???

Do a phone round all your salons and mobiles locally as if you were a new client sussing out their prices.

If you are confident with the work you do, I would say charge at least the same as the higher priced ones.

You are a mobile salon offering a professional service; why should this be cheaper to them? The benefits to them are:

They can stay in the comfort of their own home, in the warm
They don't have to find a parking space
They won't smudge their polish on the drive home
They can keep an eye on dog/granny/child/have a parcel delivered etc
You probably offer more flexible appointment times than a salon
They don't have to sit and wait for you to finish the previous client
They don't have to queue to pay or to make their next booking

Jeepers, with all that on offer, don't underprice yourself!!!

I'm speaking from experience when I say, it is a lot easier to start with higher prices and make special offers to begin with if you feel you need to, than it is to start low and raise your prices considerably when you realise you have pitched them too low.

With regards to increases, I find that raising prices by 50p or £1 more often is accepted whilst waiting 2 years then sticking the prices up by £2 or £3 is not.

Good luck :hug: and remember you ARE a salon - just a mobile one!! If you wear a tunic and carry professional equipment it will all help you look and feel the part.

Do a phone round all your salons and mobiles locally as if you were a new client sussing out their prices.
I just don't seem to be getting anywhere with this at all. Salon prices range anywhere from around £25 to £45 so i could plonk my price anywhere in there i guess.
How much did you lot charge when starting out?

ღMandyღ;678035 said:
I just don't seem to be getting anywhere with this at all. Salon prices range anywhere from around £25 to £45 so i could plonk my price anywhere in there i guess.
How much did you lot charge when starting out?

Hiya!

I am from Seaham (near sunderland) When i started i was just charging £20 for fullset and £12 for rebalance but this was only so i could get my skills and speed up.

I still undercharge myself but only cos there is that much competition in the area.

I charge £25 for a full set and £17 for rebalance.

I am starting in a salon (in Darlo) in a few weeks and i will be charging £35 for a full set and i am thinking on charging my rebalances on who long they leave there appointments... like a price for 2weeks 3weeks & 4 and if they leave it longer than 5 weeks i will charge full set price!

Hope this helps...

xx

Not sure yet tho...

Hiya!

I am from Seaham (near sunderland) When i started i was just charging £20 for fullset and £12 for rebalance but this was only so i could get my skills and speed up.

I still undercharge myself but only cos there is that much competition in the area.

I charge £25 for a full set and £17 for rebalance.

I am starting in a salon (in Darlo) in a few weeks and i will be charging £35 for a full set and i am thinking on charging my rebalances on who long they leave there appointments... like a price for 2weeks 3weeks & 4 and if they leave it longer than 5 weeks i will charge full set price!

Hope this helps...

xx

Not sure yet tho...
That you for the advice hun. Good luck with the salon and i will have to pop in and have my nails done :)

Latest posts

Back