How much? Sunday texters!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtomrow

Reaction score
Oh god leave me alone it's Sunday! Anyone else getting this? People sending ??? If you don't reply ? I no my mobile number got out there can't change it its too hard lol and old friends that I have lost there num have it etc. the reason I deleted Facebook !!

Aye!! I stupidly divert my salon no to my mobile at the weekends... just had someone call and ask for price and hear them gulp at the £40 price I gave her for sculpted enhancements by myself!! Cheeky so and so! On a SUNDAY TOO atleast insult me on a tuesday when I am working lmao!! Xxx

CND Grand Master <3

This was one of the reasons I have a seperate work & personal number. I keep the work phone on but leave it (upstairs out of the way in the day & downstairs at night) when I am not working. If I get texts or missed calls I reply to the text or return the call in my working hours.

I have had texts after midnight asking for appointments & price enquiries. I just ignore the work phone until I am working (I will check it for messages etc.. now & again incase anything is urgent but I will not reply until I want to).

How about you get a cheap phone and keep that number for the friends you need to get in touch with you & work etc.. and get a new personal number. When you get the call/message from old friends etc.. you can pass your new personal number on to them.

I've got a work mobile. I switch it off on a Saturday as soon as I finish work and turn it on again on a Monday morning.
Sundays are a family day, (geeking allowed) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Snap - just had a missed call from a client who left a message. Thought that I would leave it until tomorrow before i answered, then next thing the same client sends a text. What's even more annoying is that I have online booking so she clearly can't be fagged - just texts me!!! I'm girding my loins and leaving it until tomorrow!!!

I had one at 11 pm last night same person at 11.30pm then midnight a "???????????" Text!!! & this is after stating on my facebook I was away & all enquiries would be answered on monday! !

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients eh?! Lol this happens to me all the time with people wanting to book appointments or book a course. What I have done now is written a generic reply and if needs be I send them that. Seems to work and also makes them feel a little bit guilty haha! This is what I send:

Hi, thank you so much for your enquiry. Unfortunately I am currently unavailable as today is my day off. Please bear with me and I will reply as soon as possible when I return to work. Thank you again for your message and I look forward to speaking to you soon, kind regards, Jody (Fingers n Toes)

My pet hate is when we get a call at say 9pm, which surely they can't REALLY be expecting to be answered, and they NEVER leave a message.

I was away last weekend, and informed all clients in my Facebook status that I would be away and would reply to all messages when I returned on Tuesday. I swear I got more private messages last weekend than I ever get!!

I also got a txt on Sunday with a price query, I didn't reply but after a couple of hours I got the exact same text. Again I didn't reply, by the Tuesday I had the same text from the same number 4 times!!!

i often get texts and phone calls on a sunday eve from clients, as soon as i have my new premises i am getting a landline phone!!

I had to make myself firm up on this after playing a part in creating the problem in the first place by replying at these stupid hours.
It took a few times of me really having to stop myself from doing a reply, but now I feel absolutely fine with keeping all communication within my chosen business hours which are clearly stated on my website and my FB page. I feel good about this now and much more in control.

We can't control them doing it, but we can control how we respond to it. Hopefully they will get the message and learn how to communicate with you appropriately. Some may believe your phone is switched off and think a quick text is fine as they don't expect you to respond, but to then text a ????? is just plain rude!

I used to really stress about this until my daughter said that they're probably not expecting you to reply until working hours.

There's a couple of things that you can do:-

1. Just ignore it until working hours and don't stress about it. That's what I do now unless I've decided to answer a lot of texts during out of hours.

2. Store an out of office text saying 'Thanks so much for your text. I'll respond during opening hours. Have a lovely Sunday (or evening)' . You've then got to ignore it if they respond to that though.

When I had face book I had a few people write on my page ???? Hello why are you not answering me emails ?? This made it look like I honestly was not buy they had wrote this late on a Saturday evening and this was 7.30 am Monday morning . Ugh so annoying! DELETED ! Lol

When I had face book I had a few people write on my page ???? Hello why are you not answering me emails ?? This made it look like I honestly was not buy they had wrote this late on a Saturday evening and this was 7.30 am Monday morning . Ugh so annoying! DELETED ! Lol
If this was on my facebook I would not have deleted it, I would have replied 'I did not reply because I was not in work to reply until now' and left it there for people to see that you do reply but you also have a life outside of work.

I respond what ever day it is as we are in a recession as new clients will/could go somewhere else if I don't respond.

I respond what ever day it is as we are in a recession as new clients will/could go somewhere else if I don't respond.

Snap! Only takes 30 seconds to reply to a text x

Sorry but I disagree. My clients don't seem to be in a recession and if I go back to answering texts night and day I'll have a breakdown and have no life apart from work.

I would never be so rude as to text anyone for an appointment out of hours. Like I say, I don't mind them texting but my clients understand that I'll get back to them as soon as I can. People treat you how you allow them to treat you.

But it's never just a 30 second reply, it turns into multiple texts back and forth.

I used to txt bk all the time too but when it gets to the point I'm lying in bed texting people it's getting a bit ridiculous!

I work everyday off the week anyway, but on the odd occasion I have something planned and take a day off I'd like to enjoy it :)

I would and have texted someone out of hours but I wouldn't expect a reply until in hours time! I don't reply on a Sunday but will on a Monday - if I'm able to.

I meant always text saying when you will reply...which takes 30 seconds x

Latest posts

Back