How much tan solution do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannedmermaid

Reaction score
When i was taught the lady had I believe 50ml to do my model, i find I am using more but not over spraying. So on the average height person how much do you use ?

I use 4 different brands, still not sure which is my favourite st tropez, siennax, crazy angel or tantruth

Probably use about 80ml ? Really happy with crazy angel.

I fill to 50ml and usually use about 30-40ml but will use sometimes twice that if they are large.

Apparently 30ml is the goal for max profit but I’ve never got out of a litre bottle the amount of tans they’ve recommended as not everyone is the same size.

It’s easy to use more if you get too close. I stay right at the edge of the tent, my gun doesn’t go past the edge and I tell the client to stay as far away from me as they can without touching the tent. When the spray is wider and further away it covers more area so you use less.

I’m the opposite, I spray close to my client so I get as little overspray as possible. My gun is set low so it’s a fine mist only.
There’s lots of white furniture in my salon so easy to see overspray and this is the best for me.
You may use more initially but don’t worry. Try not to over saturate as it can affect the outcome of the tan.
Edited to say I change my gun settings for different solutions

Approx 50ml I use, to be fair I probably don’t stand close enough though! X

It should be between 30-50ml to cover a full body x

I use about 50ml, depending on their height and build. I also spray fairly close. I haven't noticed much variation in amount used between brands to be honest.

I use approx 40ml. It does vary with each client. At the beginning I used to think I needed to use more but if your client is covered then that's the main thing

Latest posts

Back