How much to charge for acrylic big toe repair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a client this week who has two damaged big toenails and wants them built up/repaired with acrylic overlay before a gel polish. I’m happy to do the repair but have no idea how much to charge. Could anyone give me an idea on a ‘per toe’ cost? There’s about half a healthy nail on each toe.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Two nails : 20% of your normal sets of nails, plus add on some for the time taken for your trouble. So if £35 per set charge £7 plus whatever you like.
So is a £10 acceptable? it's your business , you choose your costings. Charge what it really is worth to you!
Hope that helps you.

Thank you! Stupidly I hadn’t thought of looking at it like that. Now you’ve pointed it out to me, makes perfect sense.

Check you would be insured for this. There are a couple of gel products specifically designed for the job and you would need a certificate to use one for sure, I don’t know about the other. Acrylic is not recommended for damaged toe nails, it’s too hard and rigid so there is a risk you might cause further damage, particularly lifting nail plates or shock impact to the matrix . Your insurer may prefer you to use a recommended product. [emoji53]

Hi,
Thank you for pointing this out to me, I hadn’t considered that. I have contacted one of the suppliers for LCN UK about training a while ago so will chase them up. Thank you for the information.

Trust me, it’s well worth it. It’s not a massive kit and the training wasn’t so expensive but the very few podiatrists around me that do it ( about four in the whole of Kent and East Sussex ) charge circa 35 to 40 quid for one toe nail. I charge 30 and they are quick to do.

I’ve contacted them again today, you’ve spurred me on! Thank you so much.

Latest posts

Back