How much to charge for Additive on Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Evening geeks

What do you all charge for additives on top of shellac? And when you are going to use additives do you do one coat of shellac or two?

I always still do two coats of colour before additives. I charge £5 for a full set with additives.

I always still do two coats of colour before additives. I charge £5 for a full set with additives.

I hope you mean an EXTRA £5 :D

As above, I still use 2 coats of colour and charge 50p per nail for additives (extra!) so £5 for full set. X

So you use two topcoats? I did my first set of additives last Friday for my sister in law and they have chipped and peeled and yet she can wear shellac for 3 weeks with no problems?

I normally do base, 2 colour, additives, 1 top. Sometimes I do 2 top if I'm using glitter, but normally just 1 when using additives as they are a lot smoother than glitter.

I've not had any problems with it not lasting as long when used on myself, but I do have one client who always says that it doesn't last as long with additives (although I know she doesn't use her oil and she's in water all day!) so I sometimes use 2 top coats on her! X

So you use two topcoats? I did my first set of additives last Friday for my sister in law and they have chipped and peeled and yet she can wear shellac for 3 weeks with no problems?

I normally do base, 2 colour, additives, 1 top. Sometimes I do 2 top if I'm using glitter, but normally just 1 when using additives as they are a lot smoother than glitter.

I've not had any problems with it not lasting as long when used on myself, but I do have one client who always says that it doesn't last as long with additives (although I know she doesn't use her oil and she's in water all day!) so I sometimes use 2 top coats on her! X

Thanks, she was using a boots cuticle oil so have redone and she has taken a solar oil. X

Thank you ladies for great advice! 😃

Latest posts

Back