How much to charge for lash lifts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyeMyHair

Reaction score
Just wanted to share these photos of my latest lash lift - I've only done 2 since completing my training!
I forgot to take a before photo, but luckily my model had one that we could zoom in and screenshot - it just shows how blonde and un-noticeable her lashes where!

I'm just wondering what is a reasonable amount to ask for when you first start out - I dont have a facebook page or anything so I'm not really advertising as such, Im just hoping to get some practice in through friends of family and friends.
I need to ask for some contribution towards my products so Im not out of pocket - I dont want to ask for too much but someone suggested "what if you just charge £2 per person to go back into your pot" and Im abit offended by it, I've spent alot of my hard earned money on both the course and all my set up.. Please someone help me on fairly pricing my practice sets! :(

Attachments

• 20190912_122135.jpg
    20190912_122135.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190912_120318.jpg
    20190912_120318.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 146
£40 absolute minimum!

Check the price you pay for each product, then work out per service each item is.

Eg 6 cotton pads 6p, 4 microwands 8p (just making this up I can’t remember mine), £1.80 for a sachet of perm etc etc Include couch roll sheets on bed and trolley...everything.

Then that total price is your basic breakeven amount. You must make that or you are losing a lot of money. It would be a disgrace to your education to do that to yourself. You are worth more than that.

On top of that, you need to get paid, so your hourly rate. If you want to charge £20/30/40 an hour or whatever you think you are worth then do so. Starting as low as you can will only demotivate you and make it harder to raise prices if costs go up.Your treatment is good, you are ready to charge. £2 would get a kick in the face from me if anyone had the cheek to ask! They are not the type of person that will bother coming back but don’t worry you don’t need them. I just hope you’ve not done theirs for free!

It depends on your area, I charge £30 inc upper and lower lash tint but am considering putting it up to £35

£40 absolute minimum!

Check the price you pay for each product, then work out per service each item is.

Eg 6 cotton pads 6p, 4 microwands 8p (just making this up I can’t remember mine), £1.80 for a sachet of perm etc etc Include couch roll sheets on bed and trolley...everything.

Then that total price is your basic breakeven amount. You must make that or you are losing a lot of money. It would be a disgrace to your education to do that to yourself. You are worth more than that.

On top of that, you need to get paid, so your hourly rate. If you want to charge £20/30/40 an hour or whatever you think you are worth then do so. Starting as low as you can will only demotivate you and make it harder to raise prices if costs go up.Your treatment is good, you are ready to charge. £2 would get a kick in the face from me if anyone had the cheek to ask! They are not the type of person that will bother coming back but don’t worry you don’t need them. I just hope you’ve not done theirs for free!

This really helps, and was just the reassuring boost that I needed! Thank you very much! :)
Its hard at the moment because I'm not confident enough and I'm only working from my dining room so im not going to advertise until I'm all set up nicely (hoping to start works on my lash room upstairs really soon!) But I need the practice and photos for my portfolio but choosing people who will come back and pay a 2nd time for my freebie sets is so difficult! I need to toughen up and not be embarassed to let people know I'm not working for free - its all really new so Im sure it'll all come in time!

Thank you for your help! :)

When you set your pricing set it at the price you want to charge eventually and then put an introductory offer on. If you do it the other way around and charge a lower rate you will then have to increase prices and that is always a bit of a tricky thing so its better to offer a promotion of your price when you start if that makes sense x

It will depend on your area. If I I charged £40 I’d have no clients as my competition is tough. I charge £30 but am raising to £32 soon.
With regard to practice sets, I think I charged half price when I started out. Make sure you get before and afters to build your portfolio

Definitely depends on area, as my area its anywhere from £22/35

I know this is an old thread. But for anyone who's currently offering Lash Lift &Tint, do you include the Aftercare Product (nourishing oil) in with the cost of treatment or is it completely separate?

I have just completed this and doing my case studies, but tutor said its in with the treatment price and to charge £45. I feel that's too high for my location but if I priced lash lift at £35 with the option to buy the aftercare oil, would that be breaking my insurance or just a chance to retail?

Nobody has ever wanted the oil and I get loads of repeats and recommendations. I charge £33 which is average in my area

We have to be careful when we make the assumption that ‘folk will only pay’ - or ‘in my area I could only charge...’
Know your worth & stick to it!
I charge £55.00 to include the eyebrows
They could get it cheaper elsewhere - but that’s not with me!
I look at it this way....
It takes me an hour to do a cut & Blowdry for which I charge £45.00 - £50.00
This service costs me very little in actual products
A lash lift has to profit me.
This service will also take an hour.... but I have had to skin test first, and there is a time/cost to that.
The actual service also has a cost - depending on your brand.
I use Ellebana & lashus - neither are cheap!
Add all the disposables associated with this service....
Undereye pads, micro wands, cotton pads, tint, bed roll, towels....
Now add disposable towels & face masks.....
Anyone doing ‘cheap as chips’ services needs to ask themselves - ‘Why bother’

We have to be careful when we make the assumption that ‘folk will only pay’ - or ‘in my area I could only charge...’
Know your worth & stick to it!
I charge £55.00 to include the eyebrows
They could get it cheaper elsewhere - but that’s not with me!
I look at it this way....
It takes me an hour to do a cut & Blowdry for which I charge £45.00 - £50.00
This service costs me very little in actual products
A lash lift has to profit me.
This service will also take an hour.... but I have had to skin test first, and there is a time/cost to that.
The actual service also has a cost - depending on your brand.
I use Ellebana & lashus - neither are cheap!
Add all the disposables associated with this service....
Undereye pads, micro wands, cotton pads, tint, bed roll, towels....
Now add disposable towels & face masks.....
Anyone doing ‘cheap as chips’ services needs to ask themselves - ‘Why bother’
I do agree with you , I’m using INLEI , witch is pricey as well , I got central Leeds location on the top floor . I’m having 4 refreshment courses a year . Why would I charge less ?!

I know this is an old thread. But for anyone who's currently offering Lash Lift &Tint, do you include the Aftercare Product (nourishing oil) in with the cost of treatment or is it completely separate?

I have just completed this and doing my case studies, but tutor said its in with the treatment price and to charge £45. I feel that's too high for my location but if I priced lash lift at £35 with the option to buy the aftercare oil, would that be breaking my insurance or just a chance to retail?

Talk about the retail aftercare during the treatment and recommend it. Listen for them asking questions, they are cues to buy. Then afterwards when they’ve seen the mirror and are wowed show them the product and ask if they have any more questions about their aftercare. Almost every first timer will buy it because they need it.

As for nourishing oil, it’s part of the treatment and you won’t have very good results without it. More chance for issues when you don’t follow every step. It costs like a couple of who’d and should be part of the treatment cost, not a retail product.

Latest posts

Back