How much to charge for putting in extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neets

Reaction score
Hi all I was wondering how much is an acceptable amount to charge for inputting hair extensions , the girl has her own hair , many thanks xxx

Hi all I was wondering how much is an acceptable amount to charge for inputting hair extensions , the girl has her own hair , many thanks xxx

It really depends on how much you would like to make yourself, and how long it will take you. How much do you charge hair and fitting? X

Well for a full set of keratin pre bond I charge 220-250euro depending on how many packets the client needs xxx

Well for a full set of keratin pre bond I charge 220-250euro depending on how many packets the client needs xxx

Well work out how much profit you make after hair and charge that x

I'd take into account the amount the hair and p&p would cost on your full head prices inc. hair and minus that. Remember you don't want to lose profit just because you aren't buying the hair yourself.

I charge a flat rate of £150 no confusion then. That's charge if they provide hair it not. If I get the hair its that cost plus the price of the hair, delivery etc. That way when people are charged different prices I can explain the difference in cost is the hair as my fitting charge is the same regardless.

I charge a flat rate of £150 no confusion then. That's charge if they provide hair it not. If I get the hair its that cost plus the price of the hair, delivery etc. That way when people are charged different prices I can explain the difference in cost is the hair as my fitting charge is the same regardless.
i charge 150 too. but my friend told me that it is silly to charge 150 when client is ordering just hair for 300gbp. she said i should charge at least 600 in total with hair, not 450 like i did now.
:rolleyes: she says if I am doing Cinderella hair, I should charge appropriately..not too cheap :rolleyes:

Thanks guys I might just have a flat fee that way it's easier and no confusion when people ask .

I charge £1 a bond but this includes a cut too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I'd fit someone's hair for £50. You haven't got the responsibility of colour matching, delivery charges deposits etc. it's a straightforward job. If they want the hair cut and curled or styled etc then I'd say £65.
In my area the average price is £130-£150 for extensions and that includes the hair so there is no way anyone would pay £160 for just fitting unless they were salon based.

I charge £100 for fitting only but would do It for £80 if it closed the sale! After all I don't have the stress or hassle of ordering, being in for delivery and colour match and any problems with hair isn't upto me lol

I suppose it all depends where you live etc ,i can do 4-5 cut and blow drys or 2 colour +cuts in the time I can do a full head of extensions so I has to be worth my time :-D

I suppose it all depends where you live etc ,i can do 4-5 cut and blow drys or 2 colour +cuts in the time I can do a full head of extensions so I has to be worth my time :-D

Definately! I charge £150 as far as I'm concerned I've paid hundreds to train, etc. the girl that fits mine charges me £100 but she can fit my whole head in 1hr 15mins!
Yes I did say that!
BUT she can't cut them, which she didn't tell me the first time age came round, I was horrified, luckily I got my razor out and did it myself, however she fits them brilliantly. She also charges more than me on her website and doesn't state she can't blend them in.

Agree it take 2 long and people don't wanna pay for what it worth.. That's why I don't want to do extensions lol I did micro ring once and my hands was Hurting for a week ;(

Had a new client recently with shockingly bad hair bought from Tasha Jacks. Poor lady was in tears saying that she tried to return the hair but that they were really arrogant and rude about the whole thing and refused to sort it out. Cant believe how much it cost and that they won't sort it out for her. Really felt I should share it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree it take 2 long and people don't wanna pay for what it worth.. That's why I don't want to do extensions lol I did micro ring once and my hands was Hurting for a week ;(

Exactly they are paying for my time and skill ,but I do enjoy doing extensions :-D

1.15 min for whole had? How many bonds?

If they expect the work to be insured , small bottles of aftercare supplied and complimentary first wash free then £150 all the way,

If they expect the work to be insured , small bottles of aftercare supplied and complimentary first wash free then £150 all the way,

Woo you're back! Where have you been?? Xx

1.15 min for whole had? How many bonds?

I have 110-120 depending on brand. I couldn't believe it the first time she did them!

Latest posts

Back